RC Qualifier

Proline 3.8" sling shot/desperado 1/2" offset (P#= PRO1179-11) fit?

Wondering if they'll fit all around if I get 17mm adapters

Or just rear?

Or what about a bandit or rustler?

Specifications:
    Height: 6.13" (156mm)
    Width: 3.32" (84mm)
    Last edited by TQi; 10-09-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...s-amp-Hex-Hubs

Just went through the 17mm change!
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Qualifier

Yes they will fit, but if you run 3.8's here's your main issues.
    Kudos to BaldyDaniels for the great information!

"I have run 3.8" maxx chevrons on my p2de and although they looked pretty cool, they created a lot of issues with the truck. Wether or not the esc and motor can handle the big wheels and tires is the least of your worries, gear accordingly and watch temps and the vxl system will pull the monster wheels and tires. The first thing you have to look at is the offset of the wheel you will use as a lot of 3.8 wheels (such as stock maxx wheels) have an offset that will create steering clearance issues. You may need to look for some 14mm hex adapters that are also wheel extensions to give you the clearance you need. Speaking of steering, you'll have to look at upgrading the steering servo to something with a lot more torque and metal gears. The turnbuckles wont last long either before they bend or break and the servo saver will have to be upgraded as well. Remember that the bigger wheels dont have a different front to back offset like the stock p2de wheels do, so if you dont already have it, then the protrac kit or just front arms will be needed to even you out, wheel adapters can also handle this for you if you find the right ones. If you get all this sorted out, then you will need to move onto the drive train. The stock shafts wont hold up for very long, so youll have to upgrade to slash 4x4 rears (which will still twist but last a bit longer) or get some mip x-duty cvds. The rear carriers need to be upgraded as well as the front steering knuckles cuz these will snap easily hauling all the extra weight of the tires. You need to run a loose slipper as well or youll just chew up the gears in the trans, trust me on this one. After all this is upgraded and youre rolling down the street, be careful not to hit anything with the extra width of the tires, as this will now make short work of your plastic bulkhead. Your bearings will also bunk out way faster than they do with the smaller wheels and tires, your run time will be cut by quite a bit, the slipper clutch will wear out faster, gears will wear out faster or just strip, transmission bearings will wear out faster, the truck will develop wheel slop quite rapidly, hinge pins will bend often, suspension arms will wear faster at the hinge points and develop slop, stub axles will bend or break, the wheel adapters tend to develop slop from wear, the huge tires will be a real pain to balance and even the slightest imperfection will make the light truck shake and vibrate, but yes they will look pretty cool."
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Sounds hard core, maybe I'll look for a smaller pre mount
    Or just get 2 for the rear

RC Qualifier
    you could try 2.8's... Still would look good but would be easier on the motor and ESC
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    Wondering if they'll fit all around if I get 17mm adapters

Or just rear?

Or what about a bandit or rustler?

Specifications:
    Height: 6.13" (156mm)
    Width: 3.32" (84mm)
    My opinion is those are just way to big for a Stampede, keep the tire height 5.5" or less. The 3.8 Badlands are about 5.75" tall but you'd have way more bite than you need. I have a set of those on a 14# 1/8th SCB and I'm here to tell ya they throw some roost lol. I'd post a pic but I don't think it would fly with the mods being a non Traxxas vehicle...

RC Qualifier
    Yeah huge snow roosts are what I want (sand for later)

BUT they have to be pre-mounted (or wheel/tire combo at least) and 17mm hex hub.