RC Competitor

Best tire option for pavement?

Looking for a pavement setup that will help me hook up a bit more. 2200 Mamba Monster has a hard time kekeeping hooked up in parking lots. Discuss...

The Duratrax Bandito has done exceptionally well for me! I have been running thembfor awhile and I an still very impressed. I have around 100 packs on them and they aren't even close to bald. They have good traction and hold the road well. I have ran the Street Fighters and the Dynamite Robbers. These are going to be my street tire. I like them the best of all the street tires.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

G-locs or the limited edition proline belted streetfighters
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    Are you guys having a hard time keeping the front end on the ground? Running Mamba Monster with 4S geared 22/54 and I can't hit full throttle without the front end lifting and flipping. It's SUPER squirrelly. Suggestions?

RC Qualifier
    With 4s in our trucks, being squirrely and lifting the wheels at any speed is normal. I have a set of shocks I set up for street runs, 100wt oil & limited shafts (about 1/2" of shock movement) and the truck still gets out of shape on 4s past 3/4 throttle.

With 22/54 you're truck isn't even working to its potential. Throw 24/50 at it on 4s and get a fresh pair of undies on.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by kdvanb View Post
    the limited edition proline belted streetfighters
    Cant find those... do you have a link for me please?

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    Throw 24/50 at it on 4s and get a fresh pair of undies on.
    I might use this for my new Sig. Lols
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I might use this for my new Sig. Lols
    sweet!!

RC Competitor
    I don't even understand how 24/50 could even be drivable. I can't keep this thing hooked up or in a straight line for the life of me. The thing has too much torque. Lifts the wheels EVERY time I punch it.

RC Qualifier
    Im at 22/50 right now on 4s with the 2400 that turns slightly faster than the 2200, and it is insane to say the least.

RC Qualifier
    I saw anaconda rears at my LHS today, they would look awesome, has any run them? How do they handle at speed. It seems the would balloon.
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Champion
    I had the same issues with 3s, cant imagine 4s.
    First thing is learning to control that trigger finger and set your radio for 70/30 on the throttle, that will give you a wider band in forward.
    If you gear it lower its only going to be worse of the torque end.
    If you have the castle link you can crank back on the motor timing, apply torque limiting, current limiting, punch limiting and a few other options that will tame it a bit.

I tried setting up throttle curves in the ESC and throttle curves and exponenital on my Futaba radio and did all the above and still couldnt tame it to where I liked it. The curves and exponential had little to no effect. There was no slow speed. Went from 0 to 20% or so.

What got me under control was switching from Castle MMM/2650 (did the MMP/2400, MMM/2400, MMM/2200 as well) to Tekin RX8/T8 2650 sensored combo. Smooth as butter now, no cogging, great low end and high end control and was able to set curves and exponential and they actually worked. I can now drive it as slow as I want or as fast as I want with good throttle control and can keep the front end down but if I feel like it I cant still wheelie at 35mph and no cogging. The other plus was I lost the Castle BEC in the transition too. The Castle ESC onboard BEC was having issues providing enough power for hi torque servos. The RX8's on board BEC has 40% more output current.