RC Racer

Safe to run 2s with MMP 2400KV combo?

I just went to my local indoor track for the first time yesterday. I had a blast and learned a big lesson. Confined driving is not as easy as it looks. Spent nearly 3 hours there ($5 for all day!). I ran a 2s to start and get my sea legs then went up to 3s. For a track this small 2s with my driving ability is all I need. Is it safe to run a 2s with that motor/esc combo?

RC Champion
    Are you running the fan on the motor? Its designed to run 3s normally and 4s extreme.
    Ive run this combo on 2s and it does increase the temps a bit. Voltage goes down, current goes up.
    Best advice I can offer is to run it on 2s somewhere a bit more controlled doing a lot of hard acceleration and starts and stops and check temps every few minutes. Running the fan on the motor I never overheated, higher temps, but not too hot.

The other alternative is to reduce your gearing ratio to slow it down but this will add more torque on the low end and present a challange with keeping the nose down.

What gears are you running and are you running slipper or center diff?

RC Racer
    Right now I'm running 20/50 with the center diff. Ran 2s for a long time today on an inside clay track and the motor was about 105 deg and the ESC in the high 90's.

RC Champion
    Nothing wrong with those nice and cool temps!