Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    haha thanks man! It's certainly something that anybody can build if they wanted to.
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    this thing is by far the sweatest build i have seen on here so far, that thing is beast and i always really liked the looks of the truggies. do you think i could do this with my slash 4x4? did you change out the diffs in the front and rear?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by davyjones'_fleet View Post
    this thing is by far the sweatest build i have seen on here so far, that thing is beast and i always really liked the looks of the truggies. do you think i could do this with my slash 4x4? did you change out the diffs in the front and rear?
    wow thanks! best compliment ever!

I'm running stock front/rear diffs with no bracing..yet

pm sent

RC Champion
    davyjones- All that you need to do the conversion is the wing, wing mount and body. The wing and mount I'm running are from a Losi 10t. I will be changing the wing mount to a Losi 8ight but will be keeping the smaller wing. other than that, there's really nothing extra needed to do the conversion.

What a fantastic build bro. I absolutly love it man.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    Thanks Loot, this one is definitely my favorite!
    Last edited by SLW-SVT; 01-15-2013 at 12:12 PM.

RC Champion
    This truck has been a blast to drive. the only thing I am going to change is using rpm bodymounts on the rear instead of the aluminum ones. They are destroying my body because the offer no give. I still need to get a shroud too

RC Racer
    This is the first time I have seen your build thread, and all I can say is WOW.. You've put together a beast of a truggy man! Once I finish off the WWP project I will likely try a truggy look on my Pede. I think the aluminum parts turned out great as well. I was considering aluminum towers, but I was concerned with them bending from heavy bashing. I had not thought about them tearing up the body more, but it makes sense.

Again, great build!

RC Champion
    Thanks for the kind words! I guess i should clarify, the aluminum towers aren't effecting the body at all, it's the jconcept aluminum body mount/posts that are doing damage. I guess its because they are vertical and take the weight of the truck when it flips over. the traxxas towers are 7075 aluminum, I don't think they will bend to easily. I have tried the strc shock towers and I have bent the rears.

I'm looking forward to progress on your wwp project!

RC Racer
    You're welcome! Ok I gotcha - I read a couple of reviews that said the STRC ones tended to bend. I have heard nothing but good things about the Traxxas towers, maybe I'll look at putting a pair on the WWPede.

RC Competitor
    Finally someone who spends more on rc than I do! I have to know how you deanodize parts, that looks so cool.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by warfighter View Post
    You're welcome! Ok I gotcha - I read a couple of reviews that said the STRC ones tended to bend. I have heard nothing but good things about the Traxxas towers, maybe I'll look at putting a pair on the WWPede.
    they really aren't neccessary. RPM towers are perfectly fine. I use them on my Slash 4x4 with great sucess. The only reason I got them for this build was to have a place to mount my wing.

Quote Originally Posted by 550puggy View Post
    Finally someone who spends more on rc than I do! I have to know how you deanodize parts, that looks so cool.
    I spent way to much money on RC cars last year..I filled up a container with parts and filled it up with greased lightning and let it sit for awhile. it's pretty easy. Some people use oven cleaner but I havent tried that.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I spent way to much money on RC cars last year..I filled up a container with parts and filled it up with greased lightning and let it sit for awhile. it's pretty easy. Some people use oven cleaner but I havent tried that.
    Either of those should work 550puggy. Youtube has a couple of decent videos of guys doing it. The hard part is polishing the part afterward! That's where a buffing wheel on a bench grinder comes in handy!

RC Champion
    All of the parts on this build are unfinished with no polishing but I am working on polishing an entire aluminum emaxx at the moment..it is a pain in the rear. I have probably ten hours in the front bulkheads and diff case..

RC Qualifier
    Man that TRUGGY is a mean and nice looking at the same time. AWESOME BUILD!!! BTW how did you remove the paint from the aluminum traxxas parts?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    Man that TRUGGY is a mean and nice looking at the same time. AWESOME BUILD!!! BTW how did you remove the paint from the aluminum traxxas parts?
    that's funny, they just answerd that for me, look up two lines. I like the raw unpolished parts myself!

RC Champion
    well I think this truggy needs some more length. I think this is way more truggy like with the body sitting right in front of and below the rear shock towers. I think it needs a 1/10 scale wing. Any thoughts?

Last edited by SLW-SVT; 08-29-2013 at 05:23 PM.

RC Champion