Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Champion

Finally building my own (truggy) P4de!

I have been debating on what to do with all the extra slash 4x4 parts I have and after the release of the Proline Bulldog truggy body for the rustler I knew what I wanted to do. Then, seeing All Aluminum's thread I was further inspired and now it is time to start thinking about my build. I get off work on Wednesday (I work offshore) for two weeks and I will order the extra parts I need on Friday. I plan on using this truck for all around bashing and I will be taking it to track outings as well. I just got my order in of 4 Gens Ace 50c 5000mah 2s and 4 40c 5000mah 3s batteries in so I'm excited to try them out. So far I have these items in my slash 4x4 box and will be using them in my build:

X0-1 cvd's, 17mm adapters, wheels
    X0-1 carriers, knuckles and caster blocks
    various Suprasells buggy wheels
    rear hpi Vorza shocks
    rpm shock towers
    rpm front bumper
    front and rear diffs
    camber and toe links
    sway bars
    Kings Headz motor mount
    strc motor plate
    FLM aluminum center diff cup
    hardened steel 49t spur gear
    Castle 1410 3800 w/fan
    Mamba Max Pro
    glitch buster

These are the items that I need to order. If there are any suggestions feel free to let me know since I won't be ordering this stuff until Friday. I would like some input on what servo I should go with. I would like metal gears and not have to use an external bec.

Proline Bulldog truggy body for Rustler
    Losi Ten-T wing and wing mount
    Snappy MMP mount
    Stampede chassis, center shaft, font bumper and skid plate
    Vorza front shocks
    Kyosho retainer cups
    Hot Bodies rear shock ends

The part that I'm undecided on is the arms. I want to do metal arms because I have bent the X0-1 cvd's while running rpm arms. I don't want to run protrac. My options are:

FLM front and rear (excellent warranty)
    http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM26600&cat=34
    SSC extended wheelbase rear with FLM front (has to be good!)
    http://www.ssclcg.com/index.php?main...products_id=87
    TRCE front and rear (I had their original style and bent them pretty easily from torque but I've heard the newer ones are much beefier.) If I go this route, I will be able to have rear mounted shocks.
    http://t-rce.com/shop.html#ecwid:cat...roduct=5421533

I would appreciate input on the arms and servo selection and anything else really as well. I'm really looking forward to this build!
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

well all the parts you have got are spot on.dont forget to put diff carrier supports in your diff to make them bullet proof.part no.5382x
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Nice! The XO-1 parts are going to be sick, I wanted to go that route but it doesn't stretch to fit the Protrac suspension. Add some dye to your list and black out that chassis.

Edit: The FLM center diff upgrade is a must to keep the front end down on 3s.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by all aluminum; 10-08-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    XO-1|SlashUE-MMM2200|Rally-SV2&MERV-MMP w/NEU1112

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    well all the parts you have got are spot on.dont forget to put diff carrier supports in your diff to make them bullet proof.part no.5382x
    Hey man what exactly does this do?
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Champion
    Thanks man! I almost forgot about those

Quote Originally Posted by all aluminum View Post
    Nice! The XO-1 parts are going to be sick, I wanted to go that route but it doesn't stretch to fit the Protrac suspension. Add some dye to your list and black out that chassis.

Edit: The FLM center diff upgrade is a must to keep the front end down on 3s.

and I'm not running the protrac so that I can use the x0-1 gear! Rit dye will definitely be happening! I think I ran my Sl4sh's with a slipper for maybe two minutes before I switched to the center diffs. I love the difference they made

Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    Hey man what exactly does this do?
    this was taken from my Sl4sh build:
    Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    Brace

I got some news and I'll be staying at work on the boat for two more week so the build won't start till the 24th. I may be tempted to spend more money on this build since I'll be coming home with more money.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-09-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Qualifier
    Do it, truggys are awesome!

I need a real truggy body

What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Qualifier
    Are the XO-1 axles worth it? I was going to go that route but read that they tend to bend if you bash too hard.

You should be happy with the batteries. I have 4 of that exact 2s and 2 of that exact 3s. The 2s don't even warm up in my ERBE.
    ERBE, Sl4sh MT, P4de, 1/16 Grave Digger 4x4

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    Do it, truggys are awesome!

I need a real truggy body

A truggy body will definitely set that off!

Quote Originally Posted by Strykeviper View Post
    Are the XO-1 axles worth it? I was going to go that route but read that they tend to bend if you bash too hard.

You should be happy with the batteries. I have 4 of that exact 2s and 2 of that exact 3s. The 2s don't even warm up in my ERBE.
    I have personally bent an X0-1 cvd but I have four replacement bones for backup. That is why I will be using metal arms..I still need to figure out which ones I want to use.

RC Champion
    I've made some progress on the build. I have most of the truck together and the body is painted. I de annodized most of the aluminum. I'd like to go back and polish everything but no time at the present.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Man this build is coming along nicely! I dig the bulldog body too. BTW what A-arms are those?
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Your truggy is looking mint man and strong too dude.will be watching this build .......peace

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Man this build is coming along nicely! I dig the bulldog body too. BTW what A-arms are those?
    The rear arms are the extended SSC arms and the fronts are flm

Your truggy is looking mint man and strong too dude.will be watching this build .......peace
    Thanks!

RC Champion
    I finished up the truck before I left for work but only got about 10 minutes behind the wheel. I don't think it looks very truggy like except for the body. I still need to mount a wing but for now I'm using a slash 4x4 rear bumper. I also need to find some softer springs. Anyways here are the rest of the pics:

luckily my lhs had these!

RC Champion

And it's big brother, the truggy emaxx!

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Man dude those are some clean look'n rides. You definitely need a wing to set it off. Kudos my friend.

BTW we need to get together and bash the next time you are back in town. Have to charge up all our packs and burn up the treads. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

They are some bad looking truggys man keep up the good work and get a rear wing to set it off

RC Champion
    any update on a wing and mount with that body?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Man dude those are some clean look'n rides. You definitely need a wing to set it off. Kudos my friend.

BTW we need to get together and bash the next time you are back in town. Have to charge up all our packs and burn up the treads. LOL
    that would be great man. I get home the 21st of November. I'll

They are some bad looking truggys man keep up the good work and get a rear wing to set it off
    I will i'm also thinking of trying out this body like the jang did. It looks so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    any update on a wing and mount with that body?
    no not yet. I need to get the traxxas aluminum towers so I can drill the wingmounts like I did with the wife's backslash

RC Champion
    I ordered the traxxas aluminum shock towers. Now I'll be able to drill holes for the wing mounts and finally mount the wing. I also ordered the Losi springs that All Aluminum is running. I have decided to switch the entire front and rear arms/cvds/carriers/knuckles with my Slash 4x4's protrac/mip/strc/beadlocks/reverse rear shocks setup. The track seems to narrow to be a truggy now so this will help. I'd like to also get some slash 2wd front offset proline beadlocks to further widen it. I'll be getting home from work on Wednesday so I should have updates next week!
    here's the slash 4x4 for an idea of what's to come:

RC Racer
    How do you make the shocks face backward
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Champion
    I flipped the shock tower mounting location, flipped the rear arms, drilled out the holes for the swaybars, moved the camber links to the other side of the carriers and shocktower and put everything together.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I finished up the truck before I left for work but only got about 10 minutes behind the wheel. I don't think it looks very truggy like except for the body. I still need to mount a wing but for now I'm using a slash 4x4 rear bumper. I also need to find some softer springs. Anyways here are the rest of the pics:

luckily my lhs had these!

howd you polish the blue aluminum
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier

I will i'm also thinking of trying out this body like the jang did. It looks so bad

no not yet. I need to get the traxxas aluminum towers so I can drill the wingmounts like I did with the wife's backslash
    That body is a hyper 10 tt body. I have one on my stampede 4x4 truggy
    http://m1068.photobucket.com/albumvi...9.jpg.html?o=7
    Rc...my wallet hates it...but my brain loves it

RC Qualifier

That body is a hyper 10 tt body. I have one on my stampede 4x4 truggy
    http://m1068.photobucket.com/albumvi...9.jpg.html?o=7

RC Champion
    Ooh! That looks really good! I can't find a clear 10tt body in stock anywhere I like how tall your wing mount is. Where did you get your body?

RC Qualifier
    I got it on ebay and found one for you
    http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=19219898506

RC Champion
    Awesome, thank you very much, I ordered one!

RC Qualifier
    Your welcome. Can't wait to see your car

RC Champion
    I don't get off work till the 2nd of January so it will be next year sometime. I received a noticed that the body has shipped from Taiwan though. I'm thinking about ordering the 10tt wheels and tires too to really make it look like a 1/10 truggy
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyper-TT10-C...81013818426%26

RC Competitor
    I've made some progress on the build. I have most of the truck together and the body is painted. I de annodized most of the aluminum. I'd like to go back and polish everything but no time at the present.

What are those shock tower and body mount. I have asked multiple times for the stuff to move all the body mounts into the center of a stampede to stop the ripping out of the fenders.

RC Champion
    The shocktowers are RPM atm with the normal RPM body mounts in the front. In the rear I used one of the spacers that came with the rpm body mounts then drilled a hole in the center and countersunk it an RPM body mount on it. I flipped it over and screwed it to the mounting holes in the tower.

RC Champion
    Well I finally started working on this thing again. I've taken the parts from my Slash off and I de-anodized the new parts. I hope to get this together tomorrow but I might be busy with Christmas stuff. My wife wrapped the 10tt body so that will wait.

My Christmas present, an actual Truggy!!

You are putting lots of elbow grease into this build and it looks the mutts nuts dude....peace

RC Champion
    Thanks! I got a lot of work done today. I got the body this morning and started test fitting. It didn't work out so well with the rear mounted shocks so I switched them to the front and found the body fit much better that way. I also decided that the wing mount needed to be higher than I had it.
    I got this press for Christmas! I needed it to drill the holes in the shock towers for the wing mount.

This is with the rear shocks. the body has to be pulled back to far. It didn't look right and the front shocks rubbed

the holes aren't exactly straight but thats okay

Front body mounts

RC Champion

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Looks great! I liked the shocks out back but you were right, its all coming together now!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    I'm so glad it's coming together! Next round of mods I want to get Stampede shock guards, tall battery mount, rear bumper, VXL decal sheet, zip up shroud, losi 8e wing mount, trencher x (the new short course tires for the beadlock rims), rpm or tbone front bumper and I then I can call this build complete!...until I see an lcg chassis for stampede. I know that chuckswork has one but I've tried his stuff on my Sl2sh and Sl4sh and I wasn't happy with it.

And the finished (for now) product. I have Sl2sh front offset on the back and normal up front. I can't decide which to get another pair of to match.

I think that if these were my only two RC's I would be completely content

RC Champion
    Update: I got some gift certificates to a couple of hobby stores for Christmas and my birthday (12/28) so I picked up some items from the list of stuff I want for this truck including front offset Trenchers, front and rear arm guards, rear stock pumper and front RPM bumper.

I de-anodized the 3800 to match everything else. I also did the Savox servo as well.

I found out quickly that 2s is not enough for me. Instead of buying the taller battery mounts I saw these Tekno velcro straps on sale and go those instead. I'm just running one now. the two center ones are two long for the batteries I'm using.

RC Champion
    And some more pics!

I forgot to mention that I took the wheels from the wheelie bar and put them right on the bumper

both Stampedes!

So now the only thing left that I want for this build is a outerwearz shroud, new wing mount, another hyper10t body and the hyper 10t wheels/tires for track use. I also need to replace the fan on the esc since one of the leads broke off.

and here it is with the monster jam wheel/tire combo.
    Last edited by SLW-SVT; 01-09-2013 at 09:37 PM.

RC Racer
    sick looking build dude. i love it. and im jealous like i think alot of people now are.