RC Qualifier

this is about aluminum servo arm

Hay guys,
    I recently upgraded my servo as well as the steering bellcrank (went with STRC's).
    So I see that the stock servo arm flex a lot and I would like to change it to an aluminum one.
    I'm trying to find one that fit in there!
    ... for the fun of excess!

just need an aluminum one that will either directly, or through an adapter fit the splines on your servo......

Dude measure it and then try find one the same size.and make the it has the same tooth count on the Inside of the servo arm......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post

If the splines in the servo horn (25) match the spline on the servo (?), you should be okay. The horn has three link mounting holes so if it's to long to permit full throw of the servo (left hand turn) you can always shorten it a little.

Goat

RC Qualifier
    I just got an OFNA servo horn for my other ride. It is pretty small and should have no problem fitting. I like the fact that it also clamps spline as well...
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAWJK&P=ML

p.s. Like your carbon fiber drive shaft cover
    Last edited by Hirschowl; 01-05-2014 at 07:22 PM.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    I just got an OFNA servo horn for my other ride. It is pretty small and should have no problem fitting. I like the fact that it also clamps spline as well...
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAWJK&P=ML

p.s. Like your carbon fiber drive shaft cover
    Haha, yeah! It's pretty useful.
    Does your OFNA have about the same length (from center of mounting hole to center of first hole) as traxxas one?

I don't know how many teeth my RJX servo have but traxxas stock arm fit so I presume it's a 25t

Check on the web and find out how many splines your servo has and then measure the servo arm and order one that fits the truck..........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I went with one from Racers Edge. My LHS had it in stock and it seems easy to find online. They make several to match whatever spline count you have. I found their gunmetal color matches the STRC gunmetal almost exactly. It has two holes and the second one matches the length of the stock arm pretty close. I did have to limit the trim just barely because the end hits the bulkhead at full lock but not by much. I suppose you could cut and shorten it but I couldn't tell the difference in the turning radius after setting the limits on the transmitter.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys, I thought that because traxxas stock arm had a weird shape, it would cause issue if I put a straight aluminum arm.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    I went with one from Racers Edge. My LHS had it in stock and it seems easy to find online. They make several to match whatever spline count you have. I found their gunmetal color matches the STRC gunmetal almost exactly. It has two holes and the second one matches the length of the stock arm pretty close. I did have to limit the trim just barely because the end hits the bulkhead at full lock but not by much. I suppose you could cut and shorten it but I couldn't tell the difference in the turning radius after setting the limits on the transmitter.

That's the same one that I use. I like max steering throw so I cut mine right at the back of the front hole and cleaned up the edges with a file. No trim adjustment and no contact.

How is your 0251 Savox holding up? I managed to burn up 2 of them when I was into rock crawling. And yes, I was running a CC BEC. They should do quite well on a stampede.

Goat
    Last edited by KC5H; 01-06-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Servo ?

RC Enthusiast
    KC5H,

The Savox has been holding up fine. I have a CC bec to power it and it throws the Trenchers I use on my truck around just fine. I've even played around with crawling and trailing with this setup too. You can see my thread where I used gear reduction unit for a lower ratio for some videos. I can't remember what voltage I had the bec set for though or if that would have a big impact on it burning up unless it was way high.

emmanhello,

No issues with the arm being straight, but it does make the center steering link protrude a bit more from the bottom of the truck. The difference is slight but I noticed in the pics you posted that it looks like you had the mounts for a servo guard. Not sure if the difference in height would cause any interference with one of those.