RC Qualifier

CC Cap Mod Photo

The first picture shows; my CC Cap Pack installation and its' mounting plate, the water fed heat-sinks for the CC Cap Pac and ECU caps, and the 2 port rudder with the 36mm x 69mm motor jacket.

The second picture shows; nothing really, I just threw it in there to show you the graphics I made.

Any questions let me know, and I'll do my Hog-on best. (lol)
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-07-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Champion
    Very nice and clean!
    To the men and women of the US military, thank you

RC Champion
    Top notch install....And your graphics look good as well.

Any leeking around the caps?
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    ReglarDude, where did you got the water cooling line in your caps? Did you make it?
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Qualifier
    Yes, I made the water cooled heat-sinks for both the CC Cap Pack & the ESU caps. I also made the mounting plate for the CC Cap Pack. I also tried, to make everything maintenance friendly, so in the future (if need be) it's not a pain in the buttocks to work on...you have to say buttocks. I wrote a little more info in the post Mods, Mods, Mods! Also, my temps are in there as well.

Thank you for the nice compliments Orca & Traxx. Also Orca, the way I made those two water cooled heat-sinks; I shouldn't have any leaking problems. Plus, I pressure tested them, and then water tested my full set up before heading to the lake. I did have (when I first put on my motor's water jacket and before this CC Cap Mod) a problem with my 36mm motor water jacket.

The problem was: the manufacture installed double O-rings where the banjo-bolts meet the metal cooling jacket. In the Aircraft-World, double O-rings are a no, no. They can make things very unreliable. The manufacturer did it here though, so you could spin the water lines around anytime you wanted. Anyway, I re-did my cooling jacket's banjo bolts to eliminate the unreliable double O-ring set-up for a no spin (less chance of future leaking) single O-ring set up.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 10-08-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Qualifier
    looks good man! Very proffesional, so much so that I cant figure out what you did so I can try and do something similar with my cappack. What are the black square looking tubes the cooling lines are connected to?

Again, nice work! Do you have any closer pictures, maybe from a different angle?

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    They are water cooled heat sinks. Having them, and having the CC Cap Pack; my temps were all well under 120. For mor info, look under my Mods, Mods, Mods post. Also (if you guys would be interested), I could make some assembly drawings, take pictures of them, and then post them.

RC Qualifier
    Could you post the materials and tools needed? I'm interested with this mod. nice set-up and very neat.
    Sharing is the best thing to do on EARTH legally.

RC Champion
    I for one would like to see some drawings, pics etc. of your cap pack cooling system and I sure many others would as well Your work and assembley look awsome....
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Qualifier
    Another kudos on how clean, neat and professional your set up is done.
    Hog

RC Qualifier
    Thank you my fellow RC-ers for the warm words. I started doing some drawings today. It will take me a little bit of time, but I'll get them done...promise. Also, I'll give you an idea of the tools I used, plus some alternates in case we don't share the same resources. I'll also try to throw in a few pictures for just for a little extra fun. When I get done with everything, I'll post it under a new post tittle. I don't know what the title will be yet, but I'll try to come up with something that will grab yah.(lol)