RC Racer

Unhappy new 3.3 problems

Ok guys i am now dumb founded, i bought a used t-maxx 2.5 and never got it running right, so i went out and got a brand new 3.3 and i did my 5 tank break in , but now it won't hardly move it just bogges out.

also does anyone know how fast it should go before switching into 2nd gear it seems kind slow before it switches?

RC Competitor
    Please give more details of exactly what is going on....hard to diagnose without more info...

RC Racer
    even with factory settings for the HSN and LSN and with some minor adjusting it does not seem to help. 4 full turns for the high and flush with the low, i can get it to idle but as soon as i touch the thottle it dies. with the 5 tank break in, it was nothing but hard to stay running, it has never ever got to WOT

Sounds like you were having problems with more than one engine. So the issue may be with one of the supporting parts such as the header, silicone adapter, pipe, fuel/pressure lines, tank or even the carb (if it was reused). Go through each of these and look for any damage; replace as needed and report back to us.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Ok , i took off the hot body's muffler and header and put back on the factory one he gave me with the tool box. took the t-maxx out today, it is a little cooler here, and the ez start was taking forever to fire up, so i stuck the motor of the truck up to the exhaust pipe of my hemi, after 3 min t maxx fired up, now i figured out i just need to fix the tranny to shift way later , moter is at half rpm when the tranny is shifting. and also just to clarify, all fuel and air lines were replaced as well as the fuel tank.