RC poster

Slash esc or receiver?

Hi guys

Need help before ordering any part.

Me and a friend was playing with our truck and suddenly his slash 4x4 stop turning... We looked over the servo and dont seem to be the problem. When we looked at the esc the the light wasn't coming on... The receiver light was blinking no direction no throttle.... Sometimes throttle ok no direction... And sometimes it was okay for 30 sec.

What could be no good the esc? The receiver?

Thanks for your help

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Electrical gremlins can be frustrating.I always start with the simple things like rebinding the RX & TX.Then check for loose wires by temp & moving them around to get a power up or power down result.Best advice is call traxxas support they are always very helpful.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

I would check your ESC temps, when electronics stop working, then start again after a bit of sitting points to a heat problem.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Champion
    Some weird stuff going on there. Sounding more like the receiver to me. Its the only thing that all combinations you posted could result from. If it was the ESC you could have no motion at all, no light from loss of BEC which would also kill the receiver power so you wouldnt have a blinking light.
    From the receiver no light in ESC just means its not getting any comand, servo working or not, throttle working or not.

Now before any of this Im going to ask the stupid question becaue it sux ordering parts just to find out that your transmitter batteries are kaput and you are sending garbled garbage to the receiver.

RC poster
    Thanks for the answer

I did change the batteries in the transmitter

The rc esc/motor wasn't hot at all
    I know the day before I play a lot with his slash using a 3s lipo and he told me that he stop at un point cause everything was hot.

Can a receiver acting up just cause? He has a slash 6807 (older 2.4 remote) and I have a ultimate tqi remote... If i take apart my receiver to get install in his what is the procedure to link them together?
    Would it work since they don't look the same?

Thanks again

I will give you this piece of advice. Unplug the steering servo and see if it runs right. I have had steering servos go bad that made the truck go haywire. Give it a try and report back
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC poster
    I think we figure it out
    I soon we plug a battery pack the esc get "on" and ready to go... If we don't press the on button its ok... So look like the on off button the problem. There is a way to take it apart and clean it?