RC Racer

motor maintance?

ok so I watched a vid of proper breakin and I didn't do that, I just ran it . What should I do to maintain my stock 775? I do blow it out after each use but should I do the water bath thing I saw in the vid periodically?
    Thanks just want to try to take care of my baby.

RC Champion
    water break in not needed imo .my motor has been going good for 2 yrs and ocasionly(4-8 weeks) clean it out with non clorinated brake cleaner when dirt starts to acumilate to much
    but other then that brake clean the bushings and oil with 3in1
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

ok so I watched a vid of proper breakin and I didn't do that, I just ran it . What should I do to maintain my stock 775? I do blow it out after each use but should I do the water bath thing I saw in the vid periodically?
    Thanks just want to try to take care of my baby.
    I love that last sentance.... LOL! Just clean it out with electric motor cleaner, and then you can re oil the bushings with a motor oil, but 3in1 oil works the best. Don't use WD-40, it's not a lubricant.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Racer
    thanks guys, will do!

RC Competitor
    I'd beware of using brake cleaners, they can damage rubber and plastic, make sure to check the label. I think even a carb cleaner would be better, I stick to an electric contact cleaner personally. I also do the water break in on all my brushed motors, hasn't failed me yet.

RC Champion
    ya i was informed of that before i buaght a can just make sure that its non chlorinaited(spelling?) or those nice plastic parts will dissipeare
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    I love that last sentance.... LOL! Just clean it out with electric motor cleaner, and then you can re oil the bushings with a motor oil, but 3in1 oil works the best. Don't use WD-40, it's not a lubricant.
    learned that the hard way, twice!
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

RC poster
    I take my motor out but still leave it connected and I use electric motor spray and spray into motor while running and before installing I use 3in1 oil both front and back for the bearings. Works for me, hoped this helped u out. I use the radio for various speeds on the throttle. Peace.