RC Enthusiast

E-revo VXL Going Faster in Reverse than Forward - Reset ESC?

I'm noticing my e-revo is going faster in reverse than it is forwards, what could the issue be? did i maybe change a programming setting on the esc? if so, how can I change it back to default settings? does it sound like this could be the issue? if not, what else could it be?

thanks

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I have noticed that if the motor is going backwards and the remote is used to change direction, this is what happens. In order to fix it, I would reset the controller and then rebind it to the RC and reprogram the ESC to the controller. If it goes backwards when you pull the trigger after this, swap around any two wires on the motor.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok just to be clear it's not going backwards when I pull the trigger now, did you mean after I change to default settings and reprogram that it might do that and if so to change the wires on the motor?

because it doesn't go in backwards now if i pull the trigger, it only goes faster in reverse than it does when i go forwards.

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    If you swap the blue/white wires on the motor, it will just reverse the controls. Pull on the trigger, you go backwards (vice versa). It's happened to me a couple times.

But yea, I know that's not your problem...

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I meant if it goes backwards after you reset everything... which I suspect it will.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    to update the thread, i reset it back to default settings on the radio through Tqi the throttle trim was at max initially i wonder if that's the reason. then i held down the esc button and when it flashed once, i let it go because i think that's for sports mode and now it seems to work, it's hauling *** and doing wheelies and flipping over backwards when i hit the throttle, seems to be working fine now, had to order a wheelie bar!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That sounds like the way it should be!
    Check.out the Hopper wheelie bar on ebay. Single wheelie bar works better than two