Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    6,731

    hpi vektor pro-4000kv ????

    Im rebuilding a mini from ground zero, and want to try something different this time. I had castle 5700, 4600 on it before, and was thinking of getting the Hpi vektor pro with 4000kv motor, has anyone ran this set upon their mini ? any input will be great, please post gearing, temps, batts...thanks.

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. JimmyNeutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alma, Michigan
    Posts
    12,291
    It would be the same Kv as a stock V380...
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

  3. #3
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    9,244
    Except its a 4 pole not 2
    2.3 shaft not 3.2!

  4. #4
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. JimmyNeutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alma, Michigan
    Posts
    12,291
    More poles means more torque... right?

    And which has 4?
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    It would be the same Kv as a stock V380...
    I know that, have you tried it ? I need comments from a real experience.

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Except its a 4 pole not 2
    2.3 shaft not 3.2!
    it has a 3.2 shaft.

    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBPFZ

  7. #7
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    I know you are asking how that motor (HPI Vektor/ CC 4000kv) runs in the MERV, but I'm running it in my 1/10 Slash and its a beast. Very comparable to the CC 3800. I picked mine up off eBay really cheap, actually 2 of them. I've been bashing with it for a couple months now. If this is of no help to you forgive me.

    HPI Vektor 4000
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. JimmyNeutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alma, Michigan
    Posts
    12,291
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    I know that, have you tried it ? I need comments from a real experience.
    Chill dude... just wanted to make sure you knew it has the same Kv rating.
    Sorry for trying to help.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

  9. #9
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    6,731
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I know you are asking how that motor (HPI Vektor/ CC 4000kv) runs in the MERV, but I'm running it in my 1/10 Slash and its a beast. Very comparable to the CC 3800. I picked mine up off eBay really cheap, actually 2 of them. I've been bashing with it for a couple months now. If this is of no help to you forgive me.

    HPI Vektor 4000
    thanks digger, any input will help, you ordered one for your mini right?

  10. #10
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    so cal
    Posts
    9,244

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. DiggerPede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Posts
    7,172
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    thanks digger, any input will help, you ordered one for your mini right?
    Nope. I ordered the CC 5700kv remember. I did order the HPI Vapor Pro ESC though. Wanted that because its waterproof. The little guy has a blast and winter is right around the corner.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •