RC Racer

Ran 4s for the first time!

I have an Ultimate 4x4 with the following upgrades. MMP 2400kv, Al. Motor mount, MIPs in front (waiting on rears). I used two identical 5800mah 2s's in series. Wow it's really powerful! Right now I'm running a 20/50 gear ratio and plan to slowly go up. It's a pretty crappy day out today so I didn't bother to strap on the GPS. In fact i think I need to find a more suitable place than my street for speed runs.

It's so powerful that I have to go easy with the throttle. I want to do some testing but at an estimated 20 to 25 mph, if I hammer the throttle it hangs a somewhat controllable wheelie. this is without a body on and the associated aerodynamic lift.

RC Qualifier
    Mine will wheelie if I'm cruising 1/2 throttle and hammer it. Mine also uncontrollably wheelies all the time on 4s
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Competitor
    Just got my Mamba Monster all installed. First time running 4S with 18/54 = NUTZ! Switching to 22/50 as we speak! Pretty pumped!!

Quick question for you guys. When I installed the MM, I got a Traxxas aluminum motor mount (part 6860R). It didn't come with any kind of bearing like the King Headz mount does. I didn't know about the King Headz mount at the time of purchase. Will I be ok running this Traxxas mount, or should I hop on the King Headz with oversized bearing??

RC Qualifier
    get the kingheadz mount!!! way beefier ball bearing

RC Competitor
    theres not even a bearing in the aluminum traxxas mount.

The Traxxas mount uses the same size bearing as the stock unit. It will work for you. Tou just have to keep an eye on it and do some maintenance on it to keep it happy.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM