Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast

New Painted Body & AMR Racing RC Body Wrap; I was bored. LOL

Hey guys I was bored and wanted something to do. I had ordered a body a little while back and also slapped a couple cans of Outlaw Black on the same order. I love painting bodies and trying something new. I had been scoping around AMR Racing RC for a little while and found this awesome looking Widow Maker wrap. My wife digg'd it to, so she gave me the green light to go with it. LOL My wife loves me!

I've had this stuff for a couple of weeks. Works kept me pretty busy lately so any free time after the youngins are asleep its my time. I was going to have this done last weekend but we had some rainy weather in the area and I dont like painting on those days.

I ordered the Proline F150 Raptor SVT body, a couple cans of Outlaw Black, & AMR Racing RC Widow Maker body wrap. Over the weekend I prepped the body to get a head start. Scuffed the inside of the body up with a Scotch Brite Pad, cleaned it out with a mild soapy water and let her air dry over night. Tuesday I put the inner window mask on. Wednesday after work I started painting the body light coat first, waited 10 mins, then the second, then so on until I finished the can. Typically 3 coats does it for me. I must be doing something right because all my bodies hold the paint very well. LOL

Well last night I well full steam ahead. I cut the outter body mold (flat part) off. This makes it much easier to start laying the wrap. This stuff is made by 3M. Way sticky stuff. Its basically a ONE shot chance to get it on strait and perfect. LOL This is my second one so it was way easier from what I learned the first time. Anyways, I started with the Hood piece and mounted a small part of it down and pulled out my handy dandy heat gun (if you have ever used one of these, they are amazing for applying heat to an erea) and put a little bit of heat to make it plyable and to get the glue to adhere to the body for permanent application. If you get some bubbles just pull it up a little bit, not to hard & fast it will stretch it. I then went to the Roof of the cab, you have to be extra carefull and take your time here as there are roofline divits that need extra care. Afta this I moved onto the bed, same scenerio with the divits. Moved on to the rest of the body, windows, doors, side & top of the bed, front fender, tailgate, front grill & lights, lastly the fender flares. This ties it all together. It takes/ took me about an hour. Very worth in the end with how it actually protects your truck from pavement skids. If it does get messed up you can take the heat gun and clean it up. To finish the body which is actually backwards what I normally do. I trim my bodies then paint them. This route you want to do that last so you can trim the body to the wrap. I completed this by trimming up the body all the way to the wrap. I'm pretty much a perfectionist when it comes to lines and getting it right. Not to the point of OCD or anything. LOL

Here is a list of what you need to do all this. I'm not going to list everything to the scissors and body reemer. harhar

List
    Body of choice; Proline F150 Raptor SVT(of course one that is offered by the fellas below)
    Paint of choice; Outlaw Black ( best to match the body wrap, I chose black my fav)
    Body Wrap; Widow Maker ( AMR RACING RC, good stuff here guys) I'd call them the SPC of batteries.
    Heat Gun (beats the heck out of a hair dryer)
    A Little bit of patience (I have this bottled up to sell)

Now for the icing on the cake. Sorry I don't have this mounted on my truck. My work table is in shambles right now. Check out the Rustler section you will know why.

Body right out of the package:

Scuffed up, prepped for paint:

....TBC....
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

AMR RACING RC body wrap on Proline F150 Raptor SVT:

....TBC...
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Here are the last couple of shots:

I sure hope you guys like this. I think it came out great. The stuff is basher thick.

Here are a couple of shots of the one I did for my Desert Rat Slash:

Did these in IMG thumb (clickable links) so they don't take away from my new one. LOL

Hope you guys like this, and thanks for looking!! Oh and tell me what you think!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Enthusiast
    Digger those look awesome. Good job.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Here is the heat gun I used to put the wrap on with. The stock blower works perfect for distributing heat to the area. You can buy attachments for other purposes to. It totally makes a difference and i'm sure you can use it on/ for other things. Hey a new power tool. LOL

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    They all look good, but the last one looks amazing. Love it man!!

RC Qualifier
    That is one good looking wrap
    You did awesome putting it on Diggerpede!

Is it like the 1:1 cars that goes on the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    They all look good, but the last one looks amazing. Love it man!!
    Thats the Reaper Kit for Proline Flotek F150 Raptor SVT on my Sl4sh.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddykins View Post
    That is one good looking wrap
    You did awesome putting it on Diggerpede!

Is it like the 1:1 cars that goes on the outside?
    Yessir it is. Some tough stuff too!!

Appeciate it fellas.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    The more I look at it, the new one looks amazing too,lol. It's very "venom-ish." Wonder how it would look with a set of the carbon fiber jacos..

Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    The more I look at it, the new one looks amazing too,lol. It's very "venom-ish." Wonder how it would look with a set of the carbon fiber jacos..
    Dude I think it would look out of this world with some JACOS IMO.

Here's a little info on their kits. This is the reason why I tried them on a few of my rigs. Excellent for bashing.
    All graphics are digitally printed with UV resistant inks that are guaranteed not to fade for up to 5 years. These are not your typical 3-4 color Silk-Screened graphics. Our patented digital technology produces extremely vivid and detailed images, up to 16.5 million colors. Our image quality and detail is second to none!

Easy to apply, our kits are made from highly durable, ultra pliable, wreck-proof vinyl. Once the graphic is applied with our triple-layer, aggressive 3M brand adhesive - they will not come off and will hold up to even the most unforgiving conditions. We use the thickest layer of scratch-proof crystal clear vinyl over laminate for an Armor Like layer of protection.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I think these complete vinyl wrap kits are pretty cool man, Diggerpede, this widow maker kit looks sick hot. Nice work bud. oHo Digg, put that lid on one of your rigs man, let us really check it out appreciate it homie!

RC Qualifier
    Man I can't stop looking at The widow maker! It's so different. Nice touch digger.

RC Qualifier
    Where do you get the body wraps at? I have a truck that I would like to cover up the paint job, my bad, is that possible? BTW, I have the same body that you wrapped. A Ford Raptor right?
    Last edited by MidnightPumpkin; 10-07-2012 at 08:31 PM. Reason: asking about the body
    I have only come here seeking knowledge

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Thats allot of rap... Looks really good though.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

Thats nice Digg. I love it!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightPumpkin View Post
    Where do you get the body wraps at? I have a truck that I would like to cover up the paint job, my bad, is that possible? BTW, I have the same body that you wrapped. A Ford Raptor right?
    Yessir its a Proline Ford F150 Raptor SVT. I found this website a while back, thought it would be something different to try.

AMR RACING RC
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore