I was at our local indoor track today testing out some mods I have been doing to my 2x4 Slash in an attempt to make it more track worthy, and heaven forbid, race-worthy. Its a smaller track, made more for buggies, so it is very technical, SCTs look like bulls in a china short trying to get around some of the corners and jumps, I'm always afraid I am going to squash one of the little guys (look up Bambi meets Godzilla on youtube).

Anyways, it was pretty crowded, but everyone seemed to having a good time, even though there were a lot of trucks on the track. Everyone had a good laugh when five trucks, 2 SCTs and 3 buggys, came together on the back side of a jump, it was one big expensive ball of plastic, rubber and batteries. All trucks came away unscaved and continued around the track.

So, there was on guy running a B4.1, and kept parking himself at the exact same spot on the driver's stand, and somehow he felt ownership over that two-foot square. Well, he went down to fiddle with his truck for about 10 minutes, a cute girl and her boyfriend took up his spot and started running their buggies around the track. When the guy came back he threw an absolute fit, ranting about how that was HIS spot and how dare those two not see that he had already established himself there. The boyfriend calmly noted that no one was there when they got up to the stand, and it shouldn't be that big of a deal for this guy to be just a couple of feet to the left or the right. This cranked up this guy even more, talking about how newbs like them shouldn't be allowed to run if they don't know the rules. With that, the guy stormed back to the pits and gave the couple stink-eye until their batteries died and he could reclaim his territory. The boyfriend and I chuckled about it after the guy stormed off, he said that he would have gladly moved to another spot if the guy would not have been a jack-wagon about the whole thing.

So, I know there's normal etiquette at the track:
- Never run your RC in the wrong direction when there are other drivers on track
- Don't lean on the rail, you obstruct other driver's field of view
- Don't drive from the track if there are other drivers, drive from the driver's stand
Of course there are others, but is there an unspoken rule that you own a particular spot on the driver's stand? Most of the time when I returned from flipping my truck, and about 10 others, the spot I was in was taken by another driver, it really didn't seem like a big deal to move somewhere else, I got to see the track from a different angle. Of course, I am a newb at running on tracks, so I likely don't know all of the unspoken rules.

I think some people, in the heat of the battle, forget that we are playing with toys, expensive to be sure, but still just toys. The point of it is to have fun, not to give yourself a heart attack.