RC Qualifier

Mini fridge for storing LIPOS????

I have lately destroyed 2 sets of lipos cause i was unaware that they have to be stored in a fridge. Before I make my new order for lipos i want to make sure that i have a decent place to store them in and since i dont wanna store them in my parents fridge cause they wouldnt like the idea i am looking for a mini fridge that i can keep in my room.

After doing a little research my concern here is that i couldnt find any mini fridge that you can set it on whatever temperature you like but instead these mini fridges temperature depends on the room temperature, most commonly running at temperatures 10-20 degrees lower than that of room temperature but off-course cannot go lower than a certain a point, for example if room temperature is 10 degrees it wouldnt go -10 degrees. This means that the temperatures will be changing over the day. I want something were i can set the temperature to a fixed number and dont have to worry about it.

Did anyone of you had any experience with mini fridges? I really need advice on the range of temperatures they run, i couldnt find this simple information on any manufacturers page. They do say that the fridge runs 20 degrees lower than ambient temperatures but what is the actual temperature range they can maintain?

Thank you
    SUPERMAXX, ERBE, T-MAXX, MERV
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you maybe might not be doing proper care of the packs charging/storing? There should be no need for a refrigerator to keep them up and going IMO.
    rusler vxl, rusler xl-5, jato 3.3, losi 5ive T

RC Qualifier
    most people do keep them in fridges, and its also recommended by top lipo brands that the batteries are stored between 2-20 degrees Celsius. During summer In my country temperatures go well above 20 at about 35 and can go even up to 45 on rare occasions.

This is from hyperion page:

Storage - Lipo should never be stored fully charged, or with less than 50% of capacity remaining. We strongly recommend Hyperion EOS chargers, as they have automatic STORE functions to insure that the packs are in the range of about 60%~70% capacity (3.78V~3.92V resting voltage per cell). After returning home for the day, simply use STORE MODE to achieve this automatically. Batteries are best stored in a cool, dry environment (2~20 C or 37~68 F).
    Last edited by uninterrc; 10-05-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    SUPERMAXX, ERBE, T-MAXX, MERV
    SAVAGE &TROPHY FLUX

Been running lipos for years and have never stored them in a fridge or anywhere other than on a shelf at room temperature. I typically get around 350+ cycles out of my lipos. Storing them in a fridge may help I am not convinced either way but I would say you dont need to store them in a fridge based on my experience and lack of fridge ration is not what is killing your lipos. I would also disagree with the statement that most people store them in the fridge I dont know of man who do this at all.

In any case this forum is for the support of Traxxas lipos I am afraid suggestion on mini refrigerators is a little too far out of the scope of this forum.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power