RC Enthusiast

New guy looking for some help with suspension

First off, my name is Keith. I just bought my 9 yr old son the XL-5 2 weeks ago for his birthday and it has been a blast! He just upgraded the wheel bushings to ball bearings this afternoon. Aparently it is a lot faster because he lost control and plowed into a fence post!

He broke the front control arm mount off the front bulkhead, the camber link and ripped the shock cap off. He is looking at getting STRC aluminum bulkhead and shock caps. We are trying to decide if we should get the RPM fixed camber links or should we get the adjustable turnbuckle ones? What do you guys recommend?

He is real bummed about upgrading to shiny aluminum parts.
    Last edited by kpalmer65; 10-06-2012 at 11:00 PM.

RC Enthusiast

Having problems trying to link to the photos. I will work on it when I have some more time.

Keith
    Last edited by kpalmer65; 10-07-2012 at 12:10 AM.

RC Champion
    Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the boards! Im sure the little guy is loving life right now

I definitely recommend the vxl camber links over the rpm links. the rpms become tired and bent ove time, and stay that way The VXL links are adjustable, cheap and come with the rod ends you need. Just be sure to pick up a pack of screws to install them with.

RC Enthusiast
    Got it. Here are the pics. Thanks Oaks!