RC poster

velineon vxl 3s esc lvc issues and solutions

So if you know a little about traxxas and the velineon esc you will know the lvc is set to 3.7 which is the nominal voltage for each cell. Also you'll know that when under alot of load it can have a random voltage drop and switch into lvc early. Ive read on a thread that all i need to do is turn the lvc off and buy a lipo buzzer. I have a few questions on this, has anyone out their already done this? can you buy a little cell checker and leave it plugged into the balancer cable while using the model? is the thermal shutdown set lower or higher when not in lvc? because unlike a lipo nihms get hot. anyways if anyone has done this and can give me some advice on their experience with it let me know. just annoying when it trips into lvc prematurely or even cutting it at 3.7 i mean it saves the battery but 3.5 is still more then conservative on a 3 cell which is what i use.
    later.

I have the old EVX2 no LVC, so I use a LVA......

A KSB production...

Would you go flip my truck back over??

Quote Originally Posted by RustyRustler87 View Post
    So if you know a little about traxxas and the velineon esc you will know the lvc is set to 3.7 which is the nominal voltage for each cell. Also you'll know that when under alot of load it can have a random voltage drop and switch into lvc early. Ive read on a thread that all i need to do is turn the lvc off and buy a lipo buzzer. I have a few questions on this, has anyone out their already done this? can you buy a little cell checker and leave it plugged into the balancer cable while using the model? is the thermal shutdown set lower or higher when not in lvc? because unlike a lipo nihms get hot. anyways if anyone has done this and can give me some advice on their experience with it let me know. just annoying when it trips into lvc prematurely or even cutting it at 3.7 i mean it saves the battery but 3.5 is still more then conservative on a 3 cell which is what i use.
    later.
    The bulk of my experience with the VXL-3s is with 2S. That said:
    The LVD is more like 3.4V/cell and is lower than what I set my Castle systems at.
    Random voltage drops do not occur. Nobody but the folks at Traxxas know the exact trigger for their LVD (i.e. how low, for how long, how many times) and thet're not telling, but it's possible that large amp draws are causing large voltage sags, activating the LVD.
    Since LV Alarms are about $4 (less than shipping an ESC to Traxxas) on eBay, I'd advise picking one up. Then set it to the level you think the ESC is shutting off at (leave the ESC's LVD on), and see what happens.
    If you couldn't leave the LVA plugged in while the vehicle was operating, what good would it be? You need to check voltage under load, not sitting at rest.
    Thermal protection relates to the ESC temperature. It should not be affected by LVD on/off or by battery chemistry.

When are you seeing a 3.7V/cell reading?

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    I have the old EVX2 no LVC, so I use a LVA......

A KSB production...

I knew I should have told my hand model to have a manicure.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =