RC Qualifier

Rust on the screws.

This is strange, I have a Revo. 3.3 that i converted to electric a while back. I only have 5 runs on it when it was still a nitro. I never drove it through water or anything and i 100% sure that no oil or anything has gotten on the screws. My revo has been sitting on my shelf for a while in my room and it has never came into contack with moisture. Yet some of the screw heads have some rust on them. I am not worried about it, I just dont know why they have rust on them. Has anybody els had this happen?

Even my Slash 4x4 has rust on the screws and i have never driven that through water aswell. I dont know what is the cause. And how do i remove the rust?

humidity..........green scratcher then black marker to keep them from rusting again,
    or do what I do.... don't worri'e about it....in my best NJ voice...sorry peps I had to.....LOL
    Last edited by 87 GN; 10-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    LOL^^^^ this have not happen to me yet but, with my summit that i have, some of the screwheads are showing some rust but with some wd-40 takes them away
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    yeah it's not a big deal i just thought it was wierd. I will try the wd40.

That is a good choice didn't think of that, some pep do the hole truck, I think it attracts to much dirt...
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    the way i treated my rust is,.....i spray wd-40 onto the cloth then dip the tip of my hex tool then to the headscrew repeatedly until the rust is gone,
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Qualifier
    The bulk of my screws are RC Screwz stainless. If they rust the ESC probably already stopped working.

Surface rust, I wouldn't worry about it...unless its been corroded. I used the RC Screwz for that reason of rust but found stainless screw heads strip very easily and have gone back to the black steel.

As suggested in post #2, humidity is probably the prime suspect. I swop out my screws every half year or so with new. The heads do wear slowly anyway from continually wrenching them in my case.
    Rock n Rolla !