Thread: I wanna scream!

RC Champion

I wanna scream!

Spent over 9 hours last weekend (due to rain) ovehauling my slash. Torn down to bare chassis checking every nut and bolt cleaning and lubing every bearing clean and re lube f&r diffs. My daughter and i went out this morning for some fun. 2 minutes in it took a massive hit. Broke rpm a-arm and shock tower and front bulk head tekno axle bent big bore shock shaft bent hit soo hard battery hold down bent post shaft and battery came loose. Done for the weekend and its supposed to rain next weekend yaaaaaa.

Dang!!!! Good lord you hit something HARD!!!! That's an excuse to upgrade more parts. That's the way to look on the bright side of things.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    There is an elementary school 5 min from my house that has an awesome dirt yard due to trees limiting sun to the grass with a huge open dirt ditch too jump. We run there all the time i was wide open to make a jump and caught the curb with the right front. I knew it was bad when I saw the a-arm under the tire.

RC Qualifier
    You've got me beat, I was trying out some speed runs with my 4s and somewhere around 55mph, pulled full throttle and all 4 tires lost traction and the truck torque steered into the curb. I broke an a-arm and a shock body.

I left some pretty nasty marks on the curb, and a nice oil spot from the shock oil. Check out my thread, pics and story are in there.
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Qualifier
    Ouch, oak tree you're in my way. Like el sob said, good excuse to upgrade
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Enthusiast
    I did all that last week hitting the timing system during a race. Seams those RPM arms aren't all that. Didn't even find all the pieces, it exploded.

RC Qualifier
    good luck to you pro mod just rebuild with parts laying around for now then buy your upgrades

RC Qualifier
    Pics of said carnage.

Well Steve, at least you'll have a clean truck to work on this time.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...