RC Enthusiast

Differential????

Ok, so i have been having a few issues lately with my Summit. Sometimes when i hit the throttle, it goes nowhere, it just spins. It doesnt sound like anything is broken inside the differential but I dont know. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

RC Enthusiast
    Check your slipper clutch it may be too loose.
    Drive it like you stole it!

RC Qualifier
    Also check the wear on the pads on the Slipper and if all looks good with the slipper you are going to have to start digging deeper as in the differentials. Also might want to check the center drive shaft and see if its still all in one piece .

Is it sticking in between high and low gear?

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    How do i know how tight the slipper clutch should be? It is not sticking between high or low, it just seems to do it occasionaly right after start up. I switch it from hi to low and try to go forward and reverse and eventually it works itself out. The center driveshaft looks fine. I just pulled apart the diffs and they look just fine, i just put them back together.

RC Qualifier
    Mount Airy, aka "Mayberry" North Carolina
    Scroll down to the E-Revo/E-Maxx/Summit info. I found that once I had to begin adjusting the clutch, it wasn't long for this world. Good luck

http://traxxas.com/support/How-Adjust-Slipper-Clutch
    Last edited by Mayberry Kid; 10-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    The Kid

14.4 Dewalt & Misc. el-cheapo mods

If its making a crunchy sound or clicking sound on hard acceleration or heavy braking then you know its the diff for sure. Check your gear mesh from time to time as it is easy to strip a spur gear; these are potential issues that could cause endless headaches.

As post #4 suggests its more than likely sticking between high and low gear. You might have to open your transmission to see if everything is alright inside and look for signs of wear. Good luck .
    Rock n Rolla !