RC Champion

good tires for 50% on/off road

So I have an ejato that i build from a roller that included wheels that werent taped so they blow. I got dirt hawgs 'cause i have some on my merv and they are good on that but with my ejato I get tons of wheel spin and the tires are actually fading pretty quickly. on the old tires before they blew i used to be able to wheelie a lot. So the main thing is that when I bash I usually spend about 50% of my time on road and 50% of my time offroad and I constantly switch between them.So does anyone have any recommendations for tire that would suit me?
    sppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccceeeeeeeeee!!!!!

try using 1/8 buggy tires. They're great. But you need a 17mm hex adapter to install it's wheels.

RC Champion
    have any recommendations? and wouldn't buggy tires be alot taller, im not sure i haven't ever had a buggy.

i tried it for years until on of the front adapters went ruin after i over tight it.
    get like this from ebay or neweramodels
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Jato...-/290616724254

just don't over tight them because they are so thin and easy to bent. ( not sure about the one at neweramodels ).

the tires selection is open sky options check towerhobbies or amainhobbies for 1/8 buggy wheels and rims.
    myself, i used the Panther Gecko tires. it was my best choice although i think it's discontinued now.

talking about it's taller, Yes, but you'll feel the difference in grip, traction and performance .. 100% satisfaction.

RC Champion
    the thing is most buggy tires have pins and pins don't last on on asphalt

honestly i used it for long years on/off road, ( in fact mostly on asphalt because the summer here lasts for over 7 months and i can't go to the near desert due to the hot weather ) and this setup worked just fine.
    as i said , the only reason i replaced them is when i ruin the not adapter after i over tighten it.

RC Competitor
    Get some proline trenchers!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zonda95 View Post
    So I have an ejato that i build from a roller that included wheels that werent taped so they blow.

So does anyone have any recommendations for tire that would suit me?
    I'd say tape the tires... This might help with mounting and taping to get them even..... http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...t=Tire+Glueing
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Champion
    I did tape the tires, i have done since i got my erbe I saw some badlands on ebay for buggys and it was pretty cheap but i think i might try trenchers first because they are wider.