RC Enthusiast

2x4 slash tires on a jato 3.3

Hey guys i was wondering how the slash tires would do on a jato 3.3, if i remember correctly the slash tires are narrower, which would improve steering but i also seem to think they wouldnt balloon as much as the street hawgs i have now. my tires are getting pretty worn out and was wondering how long i could expect the slash tires to hold up. if the can handle brushless with lipo's they should handle a 3.3 correct? plus, im 60% on road driving and 40% off road so i figured the slash tires would give me a fairly decent mix. thanks ahead for the replies and please give your responses!

RC Competitor
    Im running my slash street fighters on the rear of my jato 2.5 and I love them. They have more side roll because the sidewalls are taller but they work great of coarse you'll have to do the mod on the frontcaster blocks, steering arms and bearing carrier to accept the 14mm hex, I plan on doing that soon cause I have tons of wheels from my slash and also it would allow me to run my 17mm hubs.

RC Enthusiast
    what front conversion are you talking about? if i got the 2x4 slash wheel and tire set it should match up correctly right?

RC Competitor
    Jato uses bearings in the front wheels, the slash has 14mm hex wheels all the way around, like the wheels on the rear of the jato. There is a mod to convert the jato to that front setup. Check out my other post "jato wheels" another member posted a very nice link about it.