RC Racer

Torque Limiting with Castle Link

I've been playing with punch control all the way from highest to lowest. And I do not like punch control at all so I left it disabled. So I started playing with torque limiting. I turned it all the way down to .2 just for the heck of it. LOL !!! Anyone that first buys one of these cars I would suggest to turn it down to .2 . It is actually hard to spin the tires at all. Wish I would of did this when I first bought the car !! It turns the car into a skill level 1 car !! But anyways I lost about 5-6 mph doing this. Or maybe it would of caught back up to what it normally gets up to in a longer stretch. My question is... At which torque setting do you guys run for just bashing around with a max of 74-75mph ?? I'm starting to be a little more careful with this car because I've been replacing alot of worn out parts lately. It is kinda nice to just mash the throttle and it goes straight as an arrow but it is pretty boring !!! I'm thinking about trying 1.0 next. Have any of you guys ever had it set at .2 ?? It was very interesting !! LOL

RC Racer
    Well I just answered my own question. I set it at 1.0 now I'm hitting full speed again. Its just enough torque to start to spin out but it is controllable when applying full throttle from a dead stop to top end. I think I will leave it like this. It is actually getting up to top speed faster than me playing with the throttle now. 1.0 is a really nice setting with limited road distance with a 19 pinion and the road being garbage.

RC Qualifier
    I will have to try the torque control soon, sounds like it is much better than punch control.

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    @ XO-1 NUT: what was the stock setting for the torque limit?

What speed do you get with a 19Z (GPS measured)?

Thanks!!

RC Racer
    I'm pretty sure it was 5.0 someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't have a GPS I'm not really interested in speed runs just some neighborhood bashing. But on a fresh charge I'll hit 74-75 telemetry. Once batterys get a little low it'll still hit 70-72mph. Wish I had a interstate to drive on like TheStenchOfSpeed does then I might do some speed runs and get a little bit more serious about actual MPH with gps but I have no need to right now.

RC Racer
    1.0 was just a little bit lack luster so I set it at 1.2 today. I really like the torque set at this. I just got back in the house from some night bashing. 74 mph in pitch dark just the lights on the body to see where the thing is LOL !!! Does anyone else do night bashing ?? Hope the lights never go out or this thing might be a mess !!

RC Qualifier
    I just set my torque control, slash 2wd, mamba monster at 7 torque control, idk how it will work.

RC Racer
    So how did it go if you had a chance to take it out ??

RC Qualifier
    I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, I think it should be nicer.

RC Qualifier
    If you really want to waken your car up... disable your torque limiting. Instant power and very fast 0-60's.

The lower your torque limiting values the lower your top speeds are going to be. You are correct, 5.0 is stock. 6.0-6.5 seemed to pep things up a good bit compared to 5.0. 1.0 seems a bit on the low side but may help you out with traction issues in your mid-range.
    E Revo brushless, XO-1, Nitro 4 tec 3.3, HPI RS4

RC Qualifier
    Yah i remember getting sideways when i first started messing with that. Think my threashold was 7.0 on the TL and then wrecked the body on it that day.

RC Racer
    I know what your saying. My road sucks. There are bumps everywhere and a manhole cover that sticks up pretty high. Now I have dump trucks driving through all day. Talk around here is they are redoing the road just so they can get they're frac sand. As the days go by the road gets more tore up. Can't see getting rid of my cars because of this so I tuned my basher down til the road is redone.

RC Qualifier
    My mamba monster slash had a torque control of 6, a little more than half way through my pack, the differential output gear completely stripped. I was flooring it and being very hard on it so that may be cause for the broken differential as well..

I put it down to 5, maybe ill try even lower, I really like having "traction control".

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    My mamba monster slash had a torque control of 6, a little more than half way through my pack, the differential output gear completely stripped. I was flooring it and being very hard on it so that may be cause for the broken differential as well..

I put it down to 5, maybe ill try even lower, I really like having "traction control".
    Yah, its a little more brutal on a 2wd because you don't have a slipper clutch to curb that monster motor.

RC Qualifier
    I do have a slipper.. Xo-1's don't if I remember right.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    I do have a slipper.. Xo-1's don't if I remember right.

Oh thats right, same as the Stampeede and Rustler. Yeah direct drive on the XO-1.

RC Racer
    The torque limiter is grayed out and set to disabled on my X0-1. Being grayed out like that is because I didn't perform the motor test and its already disabled?
    2K11 Nitro Monster Truck Champ Tmaxx 3.3

RC Racer
    Not real sure of why its greyed out. Before winter came here I was outside messing around and was getting bored with 75 mph. I put a 22 tooth gear in it and went back out but then it lost 6-7 mph. I didn't have time to increase the torque limiting so I just stuck the 19 tooth back in. I think my torque is set at 1.4 if I remember right. The bigger the gear your running the more torque you need. Like I said before I can get up to top speed alot faster with it being set at 1.4 than 5.0 on my crappy street. Looking forward for the snow to disapear so I can play again !!

RC Racer
    I never ran the engine test. Probably not until you run the test do you get the option to set the Torque Limit.
    2K11 Nitro Monster Truck Champ Tmaxx 3.3