A few new parts and .... done!

Maybe some would think this is a topic with a negative opinion about the new Rally.

Well it's not.

I think Traxxas just does what it should do. Deliver products stock which many of us either want or (try to) build themselves.

I know many are whining about Traxxas not coming with new stuff, of building further on the same base (like the 1/16 scale). I think it is just great to produce a complete new car using 90% of the parts that come from a rather durable and good car.

My compliments!
    Nobody is born with experience

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    You know Peter I feel the same way. I really am digg'n the new chassis. I will probably, no I mean I will be picking up a spare chassis for my Sl4sh for LCG purposes. The good thing about using a good amount of the same parts across the board on models is when the model comes out the hopping up/ upgrades/ personalization can be done fairly quickly. Otherwise you might have to wait years to be able to do that kind of stuff. It sure would have been sweet if it came with the Traxxas ET-3S 2400kv combo (rebranded CC). I really think i'm going to try the CC 3800kv in it. I might really be satisfied with that. I want to have fun on pavement with the car, i'm not out there to go break any speed records. I don't have the time or place. LOL As long as I can have a bit of fun and keep temps in check i'll be happy as a lark. Dont get me wrong a BB motor is worthy to be put in there. And who knows that could happen. I'm really going to try and keep mine stock. I know i'm going to put aluminum shock caps out of the obx or maybe even upgraded shocks down the road. I havent driven a fun street car in years. I'm really excited for this one.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    I think the key to this product and the success it will have is the size. So many for so long have been slobbering for a rally car that is actually capable of running in rough terrain. Add TRX parts support, aftermarket support, durability, compatibility, and versatility. Cant wait to see the bodies that pop up....

I agree Digger, the vxl system is a little small for the platform. Hope the included gear options are sufficient too keep the motor running cool enough, and NO speed claims on the box...
    Last edited by rag6; 10-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    ^rag you mise the hobby shop stock

and claimed box high speed is 60mph

also im not sure if people have seen this but the rally chassis has a slighly longer wheel base by .05''
    Last edited by reod12x2; 10-06-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    I, FOR ONE, am going to build one! This thing is TRICK!!!

RC Champion
    Can someone explain the chassis because I don't see the difference between the stock slash 4x4 version?
    Does more $ = More fun?
    Rustler VXL

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    1/10 Rally 4WD Chassis
    Top view:

Side view:

Modular:

Slash 4x4
    Top view:

Modular:

As you can tell by looking at the pics the new 1/10 Rally 4WD chassis sits lower. This drops the CG. Everything sits nicely in the bottom pan to.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore