Thread: 3 for 3

RC Enthusiast

3 for 3

I live in Manhattan so don't get to take the car out often...but when I do things are bound to happen.

Run 1 yielded broken knuckle.
    Run 2 yielded broken rear bulk
    Run 3 yield broken front bulk and body tower

I've analyzed the situation and come to one conclusion. My driving blows.

Regards,

Street

RC Qualifier
    And cold weather maybe?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Need to get out for more practice!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR Street View Post
    I live in Manhattan so don't get to take the car out often...but when I do things are bound to happen.

Run 1 yielded broken knuckle.
    Run 2 yielded broken rear bulk
    Run 3 yield broken front bulk and body tower

I've analyzed the situation and come to one conclusion. My driving blows.

Regards,

Street
    Hey, at least you have good self evaluation skills....

My revo has taken a ton of abuse over last summer including a 50' cartwheel down a rock embankment and all looks good.

RC Champion
    Stock Nimh batteries for you!

You're on lockdown!

RC Qualifier
    Im in a similar situation buddy,

took the truck out 3 times now.

attempt at run 1 after purchase)I ran afew minutes between breakages, 5minute broke driveshaft number 1, fixed it, within 5 minutes broke another driveshaft, again fixed it, 5 minutes broke another driveshaft, fixed it went back out. ran for 5 and melted the spur, burnt out the clutch (material clutch) had to order new alluminium clutch kit including hub and everything.

run 2) snapped x2 more driveshafts, shredded a tyre (tallon), got home and noticed I also broke the front bulk, steering guide mount bit

most worryingly 2 driveshafts I broke on stock NIMH batteries? Ive only ran the truck on three occassions.. although on run 2 I did break the bulk I was at the skatepark and giving it a fair amount of abuse jumping and making around 12 ft of air before slamming back to earth pretty hard so it was expected... I also jumped straight in to 6S with some orion 4500mah 45c Lipo and they are CCRRRRAAAAAAZZZYY and I was learning throttle control as I went along, I also purchased castle link and toned it down using the punch control and set my own power curbs which seem to have helped a lot...

( I baught an old revo 2.5 roller which I use as spares for my revos, a lot o the parts are interchangable between erevo and revo 2.5/3.3 and it work out a lot cheaper long term)
    Last edited by RevoDeano; 03-21-2013 at 02:16 AM.