40 series trenchers on tech 5 wheels

I got a good deal on some 40 series trenchers on tech 5 wheels that were premounted and after putting the wheels on I hadn't realized how much bigger they are than all the rest of my tire combos. does anyone have experience with these? if so, how's it going to effect my diffs and driveshafts?

thanks guys
    ERBE, 8ight, 8ight-t, b4,b44, scte, slash 4x4

RC Champion
    40 Series Trenchers are beasts! I'm running them on my E-Maxx brushless and so far things are great with my stock rear driveshaft (I have steel up front). No overheating on stock gearing, although that might change come summertime. I just rebuilt my diffs, so I have no long-term info there...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

thanks for the info. I just couldn't believe how tall these premounts are. they do seem light though, so I guess that's an added benefit. I have extra diffs in my parts box, but all my drive shafts are stock. not sure if i'm going to upgrade those yet. I guess those trenchers will let me know.

well, one thing is for sure...I had to drop some teeth on my pinion. I went from a 22 to an 18. these tires are great for ramp jumping.

RC Champion
    I love mine. They're so monster truck-like. I just run over my son's Slash like a speed bump.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    I run the Trencher X tires on my E Revo. I love them. I have never had an issue with breaking axles, then again, I run Summit long axles on all 4 corners. I am also running stock gearing.

Founder of the Mini Monsters RC group

so I ran a couple of packs through the trenchers today....not a fan. i'm gonna sell them asap. they don't balloon or anything, but they're just too big imo and it throws off the way I jump.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    so I ran a couple of packs through the trenchers today....not a fan. i'm gonna sell them asap. they don't balloon or anything, but they're just too big imo and it throws off the way I jump.
    Yep I did the same thing ran them once and sold the to Radrep on here that same day
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

I felt the same way about my Big Joes...they ended up going on my Summit.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Qualifier
    The trenchers are very good tires but work better on a wider wheel offset. like gedoes or desperado. I had mine on desporado's and the truck wheelied a lot more but was much smoother off road. and didn't flip as much as it did before.