Thread: Shifting

RC Enthusiast

Shifting

I've noticed recently that it takes my revo longer & longer to shift into 2nd. It gets to a point where it won't shift at all. I installed a forward only conversion about a week ago & this problem seemed to follow. Should I just adjust the shift point or is there more to this problem. Any help will be appreciated.
    T Maxx RB TM523, Revo OS 21tm

RC Racer
    Try adjusting the shift point to where you want it to change, I found my standard one done this at first so I adjusted it then it was ok, my brother was adjusted as well & worked good to, then yesterday they didnt seem to shift at the right point, we had changed fuel & had to retune & once running properly they started shifting at the right point again, so I think the tune has a little to do with it. If the engine isn't getting to the right revs then maybe it will effect the shift point as the engine takes longer to get to the revs it need to change gears, making it so the car has to travel further to get to the revs needed.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC Racer
    If there is a bit to much slippage in the slipper clutch then that could possably also prevent the gears changing into 2nd.

If your running too rich it will prevent it from shifting also... And if your way too lean, it won't shift either... But if it's not shifting because it's too lean, the shifting should be the last of your worries.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    maybe its shifting early.. and you can't hear it... just a thought
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Enthusiast
    My hearing is second to none my friend.
    T Maxx RB TM523, Revo OS 21tm

RC Champion
    Well I apologize sir
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Competitor
    I had same problem. A combo of tuning, shift point, and tightening slipper clutch worked for me

RC poster
    I am also having a problem with my revo shifting. It's pretty much brand new, I've only run about 10 tanks of fuel through it. I fully understand the tuning of the high speed, low speed needles as I've had a revo before but tuning alone will not get it to shift. I've tried adjusting the shift point a little bit with no luck. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by landovr View Post
    I am also having a problem with my revo shifting. It's pretty much brand new, I've only run about 10 tanks of fuel through it. I fully understand the tuning of the high speed, low speed needles as I've had a revo before but tuning alone will not get it to shift. I've tried adjusting the shift point a little bit with no luck. Any suggestions on how to proceed?
    Checked and adjusted the slipper clutch?

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    yeah check the slipper clutch & adjust it a bit tighter if needed, if it slips to much then not enought power will get through to the 2 speed & it won't get to the speed/revs needed to change, only make small adjustments though as you don't want it to tight. I have mine set so it will just lift the wheels from a standing start when WOT is applied, I may even loosen it a slight amount though.

RC poster
    You guys were right. The slipper clutch was so loose that I could have taken the nut off with my fingers. I think its been like that since new because its like a whole new truck now. Its actually doing wheelies now and shifting into second gear no problem. Thanks for the help.

RC Racer
    Good to hear you got it sorted, makes a huge difference. I found that having the slipper a bit tighter also made the engine run slightly cooler as it wasn't having to rev as much to get it going real well, & now with the better fuel I'm using it has no problem lifting the front wheels, (when the tune is right) but probably to much now though. It really needs some wheelie bars on it as I had it flip right over today & slide on its roof a bit, looked good though but makes it difficult sometime to accelerate hard without lifting to much, my brother was recording at the time on his camera so just have to work out how to post a video clip on here now. Better go read how its done, hopefully can link from youtube.

RC Competitor
    Or you could get a wing which is a bit more stylish ;-)

The nut who holds the slipper clutch got a habit to come loose so its a good idea to check it once in a while :-)

All this talk made me wanna drive, im out :-D

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    I do like the look of the wings on the Revo, thats 1 thing thats on my list.
    I have noticed that the slipper clutch nut seems to loosen a bit, had to re-tighten it a week or so back, wasn't sure why it was slipping more so thanks for letting us know, will keep a closer eye on it now. When it starts having a hard time pulling wheelstands I will know whats wrong.