RC Qualifier

How did I break my yoke?

I was tooling around high speed unlocked on grass, no jumping or anything crazy next think I know I'm 2WD I did slow down and lock to get over an obstacle but it couldn't make it which leads me to believe I broke before locking... so the part I need is 5458x but there's also 5458 what's the difference as the stock photos look identical? BTW what's the retail price on these?

BTW here's the carnage, the hole on the other side is fine but the screw side is shredded

RC Enthusiast
    Seems like the screw worked itself out. On its way out, once the screw was "out" of the other side of the yoke power was probably applied causing the screw side to be dug into more since now all the power from the motor is going through one screw hole and not both.

Wait, was the screw still in there when you looked underneath, or already gone?

Quote Originally Posted by CornUponCob View Post
    Seems like the screw worked itself out. On its way out, once the screw was "out" of the other side of the yoke power was probably applied causing the screw side to be dug into more since now all the power from the motor is going through one screw hole and not both.

Wait, was the screw still in there when you looked underneath, or already gone?
    From the looks of it I would say your analysis is spot on.i have snapped the splined part off before.and twisted a couple driveshafts into pretzels.but i have never seen one do that.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Corn, u are right, the grub screw worked itself out and tore into the chassis before disappearing for good. The chassis's center molded spine now has a notch in it I have a machine counter sink screw that fits perfectly so I'll give it a shot since no one has the part in stock.

RC Competitor
    Those center driveshafts are weak, mine break as soon as i drive on tarmac, guess grass is not much better.