RC Enthusiast

Rustler takes off by itself..

Hey guys i need help with a problem. At random times while driving my car it will start going full throttle by itself. Even after it hits something the wheels keep spinning full speed until i chase it down and turn it off. I have Recalibrated the throttle trim and put new crystals in and it still does it. I did have to get a new remote well used remote after mine got ran over. And it is the 27mhz system. What can be causing it or is it just time to upgrade to the 2.4 system?

Time to upgrade to 2.4. You're probably getting interference from something which is causing your problem. Get a new traxxas 2.4 off the market place or eBay and you'll be golden, for $40 to $50 bucks.

And for about $100 you can get the futaba 3pl.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

It sounds like you have something around you that it causing interference, which is not suprising with a 27mhz system.

What motor are you running, and does it have diodes installed? Motors without dioldes can cause interfenence in AM radio systems.

If you can afford it, I highly recommend getting a 2.4ghz radio, even a RTR system will work just fine. It is really nice not having to worry about crystals and who is on what channel. Plus, they are effected a lot less by random interference.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks guys for the quick response. I am running the velineon vxl-3s setup. I think i am going to go ahead and get the 2.4 setup, i seen the tqi 2 channel setup for $45. Is that a good price?

Yea that's a good price for a new unit.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Funny you mention that, this summer my brother was bashing across the street in the dirt and all of a sudden it went crazy on us! It went full throttle backwards across the road and back again!! I was so scared it was gonna get ran over my heart was beating so fast! Its my dads car also so that too scared me! It had a 2.4ghz system in it too.
    3 Slash VXLs
    Rustler VXL
    Nitro T-Maxx

RC Racer
    I'm new at this but I found out the hard way that if you switch the throttle neutral switch into the 70/30 mode while the tqi transmitter is on you get full speed reverse untill you turn off the transmitter. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by troylynch View Post
    I'm new at this but I found out the hard way that if you switch the throttle neutral switch into the 70/30 mode while the tqi transmitter is on you get full speed reverse untill you turn off the transmitter. Troy
    I have never found much of a use for that feature of TQ radios, they are the only ones that have it.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired