RC poster

Question Proline dirt dirt hawgs titus 2.2 upgrades

Hey guys I was just wondering what I have to do to my slash 4x4 with the velinion 380 motor in order to make it work with the proline dirt hawg 2.2 titus wheels? The reason I am asking is because the car does not accelera very much or at all and does not gain any speed. I think I have to change the gearing or get a different battery. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    More info on your set up would help.
    What gearing are you running now?
    What batteries are you using?
    What do you drive on (grass, dirt, pavement)?

It will be a gearing change that you need. That combo has a taller tire and is heavier than stock. You will need a smaller pinion or a larger spur. For my driving I used to run 21/55 on 2s lipo to keep the heat down. Granted mine were on a different set of beadlocks. After you fill us in on your set up and conditions we could narrow it down for ya.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The beadlocks are too heavy for the merv. There are plenty of lighter weight options out there!

RC Qualifier
    Def put that money to something better. They look sweet, but that's about it. I got a set kinda cheap i ran with them like twice and did not like them and that was after taking the time to take them apart and reassemble them and to top it off they already started to rip on the sidewalls...

the tires are awesome, the rims are rubbish

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I love them, they are my favorite set of wheels. They are not cheap, and a little heavy, but I have a BB combo no that's not an issue for me, also the extra weight helps to keep the car on the ground. To make them work on your slash you probably will have to cut the fenders on the body, other than that no other mods required. If you are having issues gaining speed, I would check those first before getting the tires, are you running lipos?

RC poster
    No I am not but I am wondering what I need to change to make the tires work on the car like what you said maybe I need to add lipos and what kind as well as changing the pinion gear. I am wondering what I need to do.

RC poster
    I am running the stock velinion 380 motor with stock gears and the stock series one batteries and I run my 4x4 slash vxl on dirt and pavement.

RC Competitor
    The Slash comes with 2 pinions, the 31 is installed, try the 28 and see if it helps at all. Stock is a 45 tooth spur. My Slash is running a set of beadlocks and is real happy with a 19/50 set up(not hot at all and I'm guessing hitting around 40 at 14.4V), which isn't drastically different from the ratio mentioned earlier. I am going to try a 23/50 soon and check it out.

RC Enthusiast
    I have a set of dirt hawgs on beadlocks. yeah they are a bit heavy, but I changed the pinion and running 2s lipo. I love it! I'm not racing the car, and I also put some cut outs on the body to get air slowing inside, and it keeps it relatively cool. Not to mention, it helps keep the car on the ground as mentioned.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No matter how it runs with beadlocks it will accelerate faster with lighter rims