RC Qualifier

Traxxas Telemetry...how accurate?

I finally had the bit of time to finish off installing n setting up the telemetry.
    Never had a chance to test it out.
    The voltage is pretty accurate, checked with voltmeter n lipo checker through balancer
    The temp, don't know til I actually drive it...then check with my ir temp gun
    Speed (gps) don't have anything to accurately compare it to
    I was testing things out n noticed that with the motor free revving with tires/driveshafts connected on the Traxxas telemetry app it says 102km.
    Has any one tested it for accuracy or did I miss something in setting this up?

Rpm sensor is kinda just wedged in there
    Not sure if that set screw helps all that much but it's in the slot, the best I could figure out for now

Any Info or feedback much appreciated

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    sounds like Your speed isn't measured by gps if your getting a reading like that . Do.your tires balloon? On speed runs that will throw it off
    they do have a gps module I believe. It would be more accurate

RC Qualifier
    Yah this is just a sensor with that magnet on the spur.
    That reading is with me holding the car up
    Tire ballooning is like 2mm at most
    I'll get a better idea when there is load on, it's raining out and hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to see if it's set right

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That will be something cool to play with!

RC Qualifier
    I have not seen anyone hook them up with their 1/16 and radar verify but the X0 guys say they are within aprox. 1-2mph accurate.

RC Qualifier
    The accuracy of the system depends on the system set up. Properly measuring the tires, taking ballooning into account. I run spektrum telem on my merv and got it radared by police at a car show. Was only off by 1 mph. So, aslong as you follow the directions for set up and keep tire ballooning in mind it can be spot on.
    Dye-no-mite Pow-er Go Fast, Wirrrrr Screeeech BOOM

RC Qualifier
    Just managed to get a few runs n tested out the telemetry before Thanksgiving dinner.

47km/hr = 29.2mph
    25T/50 spur
    2s Lipo

Dirt hawgs / desperados 2.2

RC Competitor
    Taking into account tire ballooning is difficult since the effect is much more at faster speeds. So, you can make some adjustments to be more accurate at higher or slower speeds.

This weekend our Slash with Losi crawlers on it actually floated on the pavement with ballooning and some speed. Also, popped a driveshaft, that's 2 Slash shafts in 3 days.