Thread: Help!!!!!

RC poster

Help!!!!!

So i just got my new revo i had it running to break it in and when i turned it off and went to turn it on my light on the optidrive is solid red as well as on the receiver the light is solid red .My transmitter light is green i have no controls i cant get the remote to move any of the servos what is going on ? any help is much appreciated as it is very frustrating thank you guys for you help in advance

RC Racer
    I don't remember the exact meaning of the light colors and flashings but i guess that your battery is almost empty? If you have the manual, you can check it from there, or you can read the manual also here on Traxxas sites.
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Racer
    If the receiver battery is low then the fail safe may have kicked in. The standard receiver battery doesn't have a very high mAH rating, only 1100mAH so doesn't last to long. I find mine lasts just over 4 tanks of fuel, this would also depend on how much steering & throttle/brake on/off is used, the more you use the faster the battery will go flat.
    REVO 21tm grunt & JQ Products "The Car" GO NITRO

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like someone needs to upgrade to a hump pack lol.
    Joshua 24:15 Choose this day who ye will serve

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010450x View Post
    Sounds like someone needs to upgrade to a hump pack lol.
    I know I will be soon when I find a suitable pack with a high enough mAH rating.
    Do you have any suggestions that will suit the Revo & fit without any problems.

RC Champion
    You wouldn't use a hump pack in the Revo. The Revo battery box is designed for a flat pack. Doesn't the Revo come with the 1200 mAh 5 cell flat pack? That's what I use in mine and I get 2-3 hours of run time on it.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Qualifier
    Ahh, I'm a T-maxx convert lol so I apologize for that part lol. Maybe the factory flat pack is defective?
    Joshua 24:15 Choose this day who ye will serve

RC Champion
    That's possible. I don't have the optifdrive on mine and I have a single steering servo which help increase the run time but 40 minutes to 3 hours is a big difference. The Traxxas flat pack in my Jato and the hump pack in my Rustler also last 2-3 hours.
    lots of mods

RC Racer
    Dynamite has 1700mAh flat pack.
    |Traxxas|Revo|3.3|#5309|FIN|

RC Racer
    Yeah a flat pack is what I'm after, pretty sure the standard pack in mine is 1100mAH, I doubt that it would be defective though as my brothers is exactly the same, both purchased from same shop at the same time. I was hoping I could find something at least 2000mAH so it will last a fair while. Might even look into getting a couple of rx packs made up to suit if I can't find any with a high mAH rating.

I know with my Revo I can fit both a flat pack and a hump pack (which I have now). But it is a 5308 Revo with the compact electronics boxes which are oft referred to as the Slayer-style boxes.
    If you are still using the wall charger that came with the Revo, it may be in your best interest to get a decent, yet inexpensive battery charger that will do receiver batteries too. I have a 1/16 vehicle that I use lipos for so I bought a Thunder AC6 that can charge those and the receiver pack.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Will the better charger give the battery a better charge and make it last longer? I might have to have a look & see whats around in Australia or maybe check out ebay & see what is available to suit both the rx & the starter wand batteries.

It'll charge it quicker.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    I have the Traxxas 3030X peak charger and I find it gets a lot of false peaks. When the light goes green, I unplug it and plug it back in and it will charge some more. I do this 3 or 4 times or until the light goes green in under a few minutes.
    lots of mods

RC Racer
    I do that with the battery charger for the AA batteries in the control, when it shows their charged I turn off charger for a minute then turn it on again, normally 2 times does the trick. Tried it with the standard rx pack charger but the light just goes green again so won't give any more charge.