Thread: WHeels/tires

RC Competitor

WHeels/tires

what ar ethe best wheels/ tires for all around use?
    if a truck isnt dirty it isnt loved

RC Champion
    Hey Solly, what kind of surface/terrain are you driving on mostly? This is going to help get you the best feedback.

RC Racer
    for all around use, the majority of the people run trenchers tires on desperado rims
    Started XL-5 now VXL-XL! and spare parts XL-5

RC Qualifier
    +1 on Trenchers on desperados. I really like my masher 2k tires cut and put on 2.8 desperados too.

RC Champion
    Yeah, i agree Stodz, and theyre usually bought preglued. Desperadoes and Trenchers are the norm, but TRAXXAS wheels have the best beads to glue onto out of all of the companies. And if you can settle on a TRAXXAS wheel, you can now buy whatever tire you want. Trenchers have the ultimate straight line grip that'll wheelie even on ice, but not everybody needs or wants that. And to the OP, Trenchers are by far one of the grippiest tires out there.

RC Qualifier
    Here is a pic of them on white 2.8 rulux wheels before I took them off and put them on desperados.Oaks makes a really good point too, TRAXXAS does have the best bead for gluing tires by far..
    Last edited by Baltim0re28; 10-05-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Rulux look great ! I got me a set too. Still debating what to throw on em...

I persoanlly have run Mashers, and Trenchers, and the truck is alot more planted, and stable with Trenchers...

So id say, TRENCHERS!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Competitor
    a mix of dirt pavement and grass, pretty much anything!
    if a truck isnt dirty it isnt loved

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    The Mashers or Trenchers are #1 in my book. The Mashers have been around forever so there has to be a reason why. On another note the Trenchers tire wear seems to be very good, even better compared to the Mashers.

2.2 Mashers on 2.8 Desperados ( mod: cut the bead to mount these )

Classic 2.2 Mashers on 2.2 Revolvers

2.8 Trenchers on 2.8 Desperados

Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    +1 Mashers and Trenchers. I have Trenchers on Traxxas All-Stars black crome and they look sweet.
    I have only come here seeking knowledge

** Looking good digg! Love the underglow! ***

I Too have owned both, and if ur system is not super powerful, than Mashers, if it is, than Trenchers cuz it will keep em more planted on the road. I liked the Mashers better off-road. BUT... this was Mashers not taped at the time, I purchased a NEW set of Mashers and Revolvers to put on as a 2nd pair...

Right now I have Trenchers, Mashers waitn to be taped and glued (second set) I like the revolvers rim durability better than desperados as they hold the bead better, and are stiffer on the inside. The desperdos can be stripped out easier.imo.

I also have some Glocs waitin to go on... I am also debating on some MJ tires as a 4th set. My LHS has two fronts, with foams ready to go... Only downside is no tape inside....

What happened to my first set of Mashrs Not their fault. I was on the roof and hit the throttle... They ballooned and ripped.

*Side Note... I cant believe I can still use this body... There is SO much duct tape holding it together. lol... Love it.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Champion
    +2 for black all stars and trenchers, especially if youre seeing a decent amount of pavement.

the results of a pretty good day of work on the rc

Those rulux and mashers look great, too!