stampede 4 life

really castle?!?!?!?

I bought an sv2 on 3/22/12 and today it fried!!!!I called castle and told them what happend and they wont send me a new one!!!!!!!!! I know i won't ever buy a castle product again!!!!!!!!!!

RC Qualifier
    So... you're not covered under warranty, then. What did you do to the ESC to void the warranty? Because Castle will basically replace a Sidewinder out of warranty for $40. There has to be more to this story. There always is.

I think we need to hear more about this alleged issue. What exactly is the problem with CC support?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    6 months is a long time - I wouldnt give you a new one either without some form of cash exchange.

RC Qualifier
    castle has great service and is normally really forgiving on there warranties , how or what went wrong with it and do you have the service reps name

Does castle still have a 1 year warranty???

If so, you will need your original sales receipt. If you dont have it, its not their fault. Keep you receipts in the original box and you will have no problems with warranty, or out of warranty returns
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Traxxas and Castle both have great customer support! I have no idea what the story is behind it getting fried, but tell us more ( gearing, Lipo or nimh [how many cells], tire size, water? ). Maybe talk to another representative. They should still offer the out of warranty for $40 like Doc said.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Sounds like he wanted a free warranty exchange, not the $40 replacement.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

stampede 4 life
    No it is coverd for 1 year...... but it just fried for no reason.I have had problems from day1.First it wouldnt link,got that solved.than i switched from nimh to lipo 2s dynimite speedpack about 3weeks ago.I still had the recpiete and box.Im just not satisfyed and they said they will repair it but not replace it.......sorry it took so long to reply i was at school.

I wont buy a Castle Product again either! This week! lol.. Castle is awesome, and so is Traxxas. But u gotta remember, the world evolves around money, and things cost everyone money. U gotta tell us more to the story. I personally have worked for many companies, where people always want things for free.Take for example phones. People break their phones, 6 months,a year, or two than get mad when the company wont replace it for free. U gotta remember sidewinders cost 67 bucks. With materials, R&D, and paying Higher education engineers to build em, and then replace em with that kind of overhead vs product cost, Plus.. Shipping. Of course they wont replace it for free 6 months after u fried it. I say u had a great run, and u should be more careful with temps.

Also... ANY Esc that doesnt have a fan, ur in danger territory.... Make sure in the future u get a fan for one, or u buy one with a fan. Dont not buy Castle anymore cause u overheated a ESC. Learn what happened, and learn how to not let it happen again. u got it to hott, or wett... right?
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

So you want a new perfectly operating ESC and not your own ESC to be perfectly operating? If Castle cannot repair your product they will replace it, and do it free, no questions asked, for a year. If that's not good enough, I don't know what to tell you.

stampede 4 life
    But heres the thing i always watch temps that thing never got to hot!!!!!!!I never abused it eather....

stampede 4 life
    what i want to do is get a new esc and give it back to my lhs and get a novak system.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede 4 life View Post
    what i want to do is get a new esc and give it back to my lhs and get a novak system.
    Sounds like you had it all planned out. Sorry to hear about your luck with the esc.

I understand money being hard to come by when you're still in school. Good luck with getting this resolved. I've had a few castle esc's shoot craps on me after the warranty is over and got them replaced for a reasonable fee

RC Champion
    As long as you have your receipt, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get the dead ESC replaced for free under warranty by Castle. Call back, try again. Remember to be polite - it goes a long way to getting a good response from the people you're asking to help you. I'm not saying you weren't, but I used to be very rude on these kind of calls until I got a little more sense. Not surprisingly, once I started being more polite, customer service people suddenly started being more helpful!

The whole deal of trading in a new one to your LHS for a Novak system, that'd be up to your LHS. Most likely, though, Castle will only replace the ESC, not the whole motor/ESC combo. Sorry to hear you had an ESC die. Good luck.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?

RC Qualifier
    That's gonna work out GREAT for you. In my personal experience, the most spontaneously-combustable electronics on the market is made by Novak. I had a 10.5 Novak go up in smoke mid pack, for absolutely no reason at all. Absolutely no changes to the vehicle, same gearing for weeks. Got a rebuilt one from Novak, and guess what happened to that one? The exact same thing. I'd rather push the truck with my foot than put another Novak in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    I'd rather push the truck with my foot than put another Novak in it.
    Now that's funny. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Isotope View Post
    That's gonna work out GREAT for you. In my personal experience, the most spontaneously-combustable electronics on the market is made by Novak. I had a 10.5 Novak go up in smoke mid pack, for absolutely no reason at all. Absolutely no changes to the vehicle, same gearing for weeks. Got a rebuilt one from Novak, and guess what happened to that one? The exact same thing. I'd rather push the truck with my foot than put another Novak in it.
    And make motor sounds with your lips? I have heard of lots of people that feel the same way you do, but Team Orange has its proponents too.

stampede 4 life
    thanks everyone......it just really upset me because it happend on my b day.....my lhs said if they replace the whole thing they would have no problem trading up.I was very polite with them.Then my mom called and talksd to them and the basicly said to her ( we dont care if you never buy our products)!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Bummer dude, honestly tho, you should pony up for the mmp. You can get a rebadged mmp from TRAXXAS and others.

stampede 4 life
    yea i just dont have an extra 150 to put towards that esc......

There is a reason Castle has a one year warranty, from time to time things just don't go together right, happens to the best of them. But, Castle is one of the most dependable names in the ESC business, and they will help you out if given the chance. Plus, it just does not get any easier to program an ESC than Castlelink!

Novak...
    I have a love/hate relationship with them. My first crawler ESC was the Noval Rooster Crawler, I still have it, still running strong after several years and too many water-tightness tests. My M2 Dual Motor MOA Crawler ESC is a point of annoyance... The first one I had worked fairly well, the proportional control was outstanding, but the drag-brake was terrible. I bought the Novalink software and cable to update the firmware and, hopefully, dial in a lot more drag-brake; the result, a fried ESC. I had to drive from San Diego to Irvine twice, the first time for testing, and the second to pick up a new M2 (in the week between these two trips Novak put out an advisory to not us Novalink on the M2). I was thrilled to get a new M2 with the new firmware, and the drag-brake was great, but there was no proportional control, just 4WD, front dig and rear dig. I called and they said that it was a compromise they had to make to get the drag brake working.

So, it is a crap-shoot with Novak and their products. Castle is very reliable, sadly you just got one of the very few bad ones. Recommend sending it to them, even if it does cost $40.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    im going to say this as nicely as i can ,what you are tell us is the castle wont give you your way and there is nothing your mommy can do to help . Look kid alot of us on here know what it like to be broke , Some have families ,kid,and so on . Im 32 and still have to save up and spend my money wisely . that is what life is all about . now i have smoked alot of different electronics encluding a 6 month old sv2 . i sent it back . They told me i overheated it .i dont think so .because i have a temp gun and know how to use it .so i payed the 40 bucks and well i have now i have a new one . but your saying , it broke so i want a new one to get something different .because now i dont like this . That not how things work normally . take a look at all the other warranties out there in this hobby including traxxas. i think castle has a fair warranty time . i hope this all works out for you, mabey check the market place for a used vxl

stampede 4 life
    you have the story wrong........I have'nt liked this thing from day 1.Yea castle has a fair warentee but when i call the guy and he tells me (we dont care about $140 bucks) it really makes me mad......I mean im only 12!!!!!!!And I really havent driven it.I got it sent off yesterday.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    you have the story wrong........I have'nt liked this thing from day 1.Yea castle has a fair warentee but when i call the guy and he tells me (we dont care about $140 bucks) it really makes me mad......I mean im only 12!!!!!!!And I really havent driven it.I got it sent off yesterday.
    Totally understand. Maybe you should have let one of your parents talk to them about the issue you were having and what happened along the way. Explain the situation to one of them then let them talk to the Customer Service Representative. Not sure what you mean about the (we don't care about the $140).
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Quote Originally Posted by 4sdash View Post
    im going to say this as nicely as i can ,what you are tell us is the castle wont give you your way and there is nothing your mommy can do to help . Look kid alot of us on here know what it like to be broke , Some have families ,kid,and so on . Im 32 and still have to save up and spend my money wisely . that is what life is all about . now i have smoked alot of different electronics encluding a 6 month old sv2 . i sent it back . They told me i overheated it .i dont think so .because i have a temp gun and know how to use it .so i payed the 40 bucks and well i have now i have a new one . but your saying , it broke so i want a new one to get something different .because now i dont like this . That not how things work normally . take a look at all the other warranties out there in this hobby including traxxas. i think castle has a fair warranty time . i hope this all works out for you, mabey check the market place for a used vxl
    If it was 6 mo old it should have been fixed for free...
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

stampede 4 life
    digger pede my mom called and talked to someone there and he said we dont care if you dont buy another castle product

RC Qualifier
    I just have a hard time believing that some one at castle would say that. Not saying it's not true, but the times I have called them for help, even with really stupid questions they have always been really nice and at the worst times totally professional over the phone. Everybody can have a bad moment, and maybe you just caught them in a less than stellar moment.

RC Qualifier
    Get in touch with castle tech support, they may bend over backward to help you. I have all Novak, and yes I have has some issues, but I got in touch with Novak tech support and they have replaced everything that has gone wrong, motor or esc for free. I don't know about Castle, but if their tech support is anything like Novak, they will hook you up.
    I have only come here seeking knowledge