Castle Mamba Monster compatible!!

I just totally saw this posted on list of features for the new Rally...

Well done Traxxas!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Enthusiast
    Body ! That will be sick
    Last edited by Double G; 10-07-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: language

That would be. I know what I want for Christmas ..,
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

As do I! Obviously one can put a Mamba in a 4x4 Slash, But if they mean it will just bolt right on, and boom.. Well then, thats just awesomeness
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I think if I see it right you will have to move the Rx box to mount the big can motor and Mamba Monster ESC. The Rx box looks like it will bolt up at the head of the chassis, mounted high. Most guys just put the Rx in there w/o the box though. Did you notice the new Rx box bolts down from the inside vs mounting ears on the outside.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I have a spare 2200 and MM esc for this. Now I just need to sell off my rustler.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by I EAT DIRT View Post
    I have a spare 2200 and MM esc for this. Now I just need to sell off my rustler.
    Lol I'm probably going to do the same

RC Racer
    I've been running sensored in a few of my other cars and I'd feel better sticking with a MMP and a 550 sized sensored motor. I do have a BrushlessHobbies 120A Pro in one of my cars and it's super smooth. I'd think the Mamba Monster would be overkill in a Slash 4x4 chassis.

RC Champion
    overkill is AWESOME! Just use a bit of finger control.

RC Racer
    You guys do know that even if you stick a new ESC with the stock motor and keep the stock batteries you aren't going to go a whole lot faster, right? The better ESC might be more efficient or have better settings, but all you'll get by putting a Mamba Monster in the car is a car with a Mamba Monster.

That ESC is really designed for the larger heavier 1/8 sized stuff running 4-6s LiPo. Granted, there's nothing stopping you from running it, just that for the money, you can find stuff that matches your needs better.

Where you'll see the big improvements is if you swap out to a more capable ESC, get a larger more powerful motor, and upgrade to better batteries. Then, it's a total system upgrade and not just a single component. Though, the way I've seen some people drive the stock ESC doesn't last long and they might actually be better suited to an ESC with higher amp rating.

Overkill is never a bad thing, you just to understand why it's overkill and what you're gaining from doing the mod. It never makes sense when someone brags about upgrading to brand X from stock when they really don't know why they even upgraded.

I EAT DIRT - I do see you plan to run the 2200kv motor in yours. In that case I'm guessing you'll run 4-6s? That will definitely be insane. In that case, a very cool overkill scenario

RC Champion
    I'm sure we all know that, most of us refer to the MM as the entire setup motor and esc. I'm going to try all my castle setup's in it. 3800 with the MMP, 2400 with the MMP and MM esc and even the MMM 2200 setup. Thinking the 2400 will be sufficient and will just run the 2200/MM in my slash 4x4.

Yep I know you need more than just the ESC. Dunno why anyone would spend $150 for an ESC just to pair it with a Traxxas 3500kv. LOL I run CC MM 2200kv, 2400kv, & 2650kv. I'm thinking about down the road putting a CC Mamba Monster 2650kv in mine. Ive been real satisfied with that setup in my Sl4sh. Good stuff.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    I'm really digging this new car, just trying to figure out what I would actually use it for. We don't have any race tracks near me. Now you guys got me wanting to put my MMP and 3800kv in it

Quote Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
    I'm really digging this new car, just trying to figure out what I would actually use it for. We don't have any race tracks near me. Now you guys got me wanting to put my MMP and 3800kv in it
    That's the same power plant I want to try in it before i go anything bigger. I have a spare CC 3800kv and seeing how the ET-3S works in my Rustler build if I will put that in there. You can pick up those Castle MMP's rebranded as Traxxas on eBay for $60. They are the ones they put in the Funny Car. I have yet to run mine but hoping by the next couple of days I can hit the asphault with it.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    I'm going with the Tekin RX8 2650 on 3s to start and some MIP shafts at least on the rear, I have some ideas on different tire configurations to try for the short grass I run. Need pins to hook up that big power lol, should be fun...

RC Champion
    OK, need help guys.......Can you pair the Mamba Max Pro up to the CC 2650 and run 3s without issues or even 4s?
    Where does the Mamba Monster ESC come into play?

RC Qualifier
    yep 3s and 4s all day long

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    MMP w/2650 will run fine on 3s.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Never tried the mmp on 4s with any motor yet. MMM will take any motor on 4s.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    MMP w/2650 will run fine on 3s.
    LOL guess I should have kept that MMP LOL

RC Qualifier
    the sc8e rtr came with a mmp and 2200 setup to be run on 4s and i had mmp 2400 in a summit on 4s gear it right it will be ok

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    That's the same power plant I want to try in it before i go anything bigger. I have a spare CC 3800kv and seeing how the ET-3S works in my Rustler build if I will put that in there. You can pick up those Castle MMP's rebranded as Traxxas on eBay for $60. They are the ones they put in the Funny Car. I have yet to run mine but hoping by the next couple of days I can hit the asphault with it.
    For some reason I thought the drag car had the rebranded manna monster, but it looks like the ET-3S has a sensor port so its the mamba max pro. Anyone know what firmware it runs? I know the rebranded stuff usually is missing some of the programming options the OEM unit has. For that price though, I might pick one up as a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by ik632 View Post
    For some reason I thought the drag car had the rebranded manna monster, but it looks like the ET-3S has a sensor port so its the mamba max pro. Anyone know what firmware it runs? I know the rebranded stuff usually is missing some of the programming options the OEM unit has. For that price though, I might pick one up as a spare.
    I picked up one off of eBay that i'm using for my Rustler. I havent checked the firmware yet. If no one chimes in I might hook it up and check for ya. The guys in the funny car forum might be able to give you all that juicy info.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Thanks, I think I'll hop over to the dragster section and see what the word is on that ESC. Though, I just bought 2 more Sidewinder V1's because Castle had found a box of them and had a "garage sale" on them. So, I might need to wait a little before buying some more ESC's