RC Competitor

Question Mamba Monster 2200 on 4S Lipo...

Picked up a Slash 4x4 Ultimate last week and I'm already ready for more power, less heat. Currently running the included motor with 18 tooth pinion and 54 tooth spur on 2S LiPo and its getting pretty hot, even with the motor and esc fan. Since everything is still new, it looks like I can make a little money off this setup towards a upgrade to the Mamba Monster 2200.

I'm just bashing this truck. No plans to race. Planning on doing the Mamba Monster 2200 motor and ECS and running on 4S LiPo batteries. From what I've read, I know I'll have to upgrade the axels to MIP, is there anything else I will have to tweak to run this setup?? Diffs?

Is anyone else running this setup?? What are the gearing suggestions?? Any problems with heat?? I also wanna do 2.8 wheels and tires, would that create any problems??

The newb thanks you.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    18/54 is too high on the stock truck, that's why it is running hot. MMM-2200 on 3s or 4s, will be good, no heat issues, not even with big tires, same gearing that you running now should be good.

RC Qualifier
    I run 50 spur with 20,22,24 pinion (depends on my mood) on 3s lipo, no heat issues. Goes like a bat outta...
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Competitor
    did you guys get new motor mount, slipper clutch, or make any other modifications??

RC Qualifier
    definitely want an aluminum motor mount with the oversized bearing. Youll also want to upgrade to the revo slipper assembly.

im running the 2400 on 4s and it's completely insane
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

I've got the 2200 with the monster mamba. I run a revo spur 38/15-17 pinion.(depending if i'm running on or offroad) I use the stock slipper with the strc motor plate. I run MIP cvds with FLM wheel adapters and 17mm buggy tires and wheels. I can't get the 2.8's to stay on or not round out the hexes no matter what i did. I run on 4S and am getting around 80 on the street with the 17T. Also, temps are never an issue. I've never gotten above 140 or so. I don't run an SC body. i have mine converted to a buggy and run a New era roll bar when running offroad. I don't run a fan, but i do use a heatsink. i don't remember who makes it. hope that helps.
    (2) RC8TEs, RC8.2E, Slash 4x4, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Competitor
    What kind of 4S LiPos are you guys running?

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Nadz View Post
    What kind of 4S LiPos are you guys running?
    I 'm running 45C 5000mah gens ace packs

RC Competitor
    So my shopping list includes:

Mamba Monster 2200
    Motor mount w larger bearing
    Slipper 5351, 5325R
    Mamba Monster ESC Mount

*will I need the "aluminum bearing slipper adaptor" for a ultimate??

Is there anything I'm forgetting? Do I need some sort of adapter to relocate the receiver??

Mamba Monster 2200
    Slipper 5351, 5325R
    Mamba Monster ESC Mount

Is there anything I'm forgetting? Do I need some sort of adapter to relocate the receiver??
    you'll need a stampede 4x4 receiver box and ditch the 4x4 one. you'll need to move the pede gearbox to the front of the chassis.
    no on the aluminum bearing adapter. i believe the ultimate comes with it. you can look at the exploded view on the platinum to make sure.

RC Competitor
    Are those the right part numbers for the slipper?? Aren't those just factory replacements? What's the point of rebuilding it?

RC Qualifier
    venom 5000 25c 4s here

RC Competitor
    Do the 4S batteries fit the carrier without any modification?

What's the best/safest gearing for 4S. I have 18/54 currently. Should I adjust that? Bashing and 50% on 50% off road. No racing.

RC Champion
    I run 18/52 and it is crazy fast and ton's of torque. But that is thee 2400 mmp setup. The 2200 mmm will be even cooler and be fast.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier

Mamba Monster 2200
    Slipper 5351, 5325R
    Mamba Monster ESC Mount

Comes with an esc mount
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Competitor
    Do 4S batteries fit?? Do I have to modify the carrier?? 4S looks HUGE!!

RC Qualifier
    barely fits, but mine is a venom soft pack so there is no thick outer hard plastic shell.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    I've got the 2200 with the monster mamba. I run a revo spur 38/15-17 pinion.(depending if i'm running on or offroad) I use the stock slipper with the strc motor plate. I run MIP cvds with FLM wheel adapters and 17mm buggy tires and wheels. I can't get the 2.8's to stay on or not round out the hexes no matter what i did. I run on 4S and am getting around 80 on the street with the 17T. Also, temps are never an issue. I've never gotten above 140 or so. I don't run an SC body. i have mine converted to a buggy and run a New era roll bar when running offroad. I don't run a fan, but i do use a heatsink. i don't remember who makes it. hope that helps.
    I have almost the same set-up as you. Backslash, MM 2650, Tekno stuff all around, mod-1 gearing.... I just want to know what is your suspension set up ( oil, pistons, springs, shock position...etc) ?

Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    I have almost the same set-up as you. Backslash, MM 2650, Tekno stuff all around, mod-1 gearing.... I just want to know what is your suspension set up ( oil, pistons, springs, shock position...etc) ?
    big bore shocks, stock pistons, 50wt oil all around and vg heavy duty spings front and rear. front shocks are: the top position inside second holes, the botton is the second from the inside. the rear is the top position the inner most hole and the bottom is the outter most hole on both arms (front and rear RPM -arms) with badlands buggy tires....this is my bash setup for grass, shate parks, bmx tracks...etc....
    my racing setup to play at the track is 35wt oil and stock springs with sway bars on soft cityblock tires.

RC Competitor
    ended up getting the Traxxas motor mount (6860). Forgot all about the bearing, which the Traxxas mount doesnt have one at all. Should I swap this out for the King Headz mount?

RC Champion

Mamba Monster 2200
    Slipper 5351, 5325R
    Mamba Monster ESC Mount

To make the slipper a revo slipper and not just a "revo spec"

1 x TRA5351
    1 x TRA5352X

Then replace them on your slipper.

You are forgetting the receiver box for the Stampede TRA3628

The wholes you are going to use to mount the ESC are under the current receiver box, you have to move it back to allow room for the longer motor can. The Stampede box just happens to have bolt holes for perfect alignment in the front, im thinking its the 2 set of holes from the front.

If you have an ultimate its supposed to have an aluminum slipper bearing adaptor. If it doesnt then you will need one. On my stock chassis I went with the Kings Headz mount and slipper adaptor. Robinson Racing also offers a brass adaptor. If you miss this part the motor mount and oversized bearings is a moot point. Without these a plastic slipper shaft bearing adaptor will fail, its just a matter of time. The more power you put to it the shorter the duration.