RC poster

ESC and New Motor - HELP

I'll start this thread by saying i know just enough to be dangerous....

I have a Traxxas Slash 4x4. Everything is pretty much stock. I run 3S lipos and i have the original Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control. I've gone through a few of the factor motors. (The rotors spin off the shaft.) Traxxas has replaced it twice under warranty but i'm now outside of my warranty window. That's why i bought a cheap new motor online. (I run this truck for fun. I don't like spending money on it. I have other hobbies i spend more money on.)

I replaced the Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor with a ********* 10.5T 3200kv brushless sensored motor. Now to the problem.... When i go 100%throttle with the controller the motor pulses almost like its turning on and off. If i give it 75% to 90% throttle its okay.....but i can't go to 100% without the issue. I've tried it with and without the sensor being hooked up to the esc. Same problem. (With the sensor hooked up i notice the 15% to 25% throttle seems smoother) I've tried 3S lipos and 2S lipos. Same problem.

What do i need to do? reset the esc? live with the problem and know i bought a $35 dollar motor?

Your advice and guidance is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

(Batteries are 3S 40c 5000mah and 2S 40c 5000mah)

RC Qualifier
    Edmonton, AB (and looking for an RC buddy. PM me if you're from NE Edmonton!)
    Do you have another speed control to test it with?
    Sig edited for awesomeness. NC

It might because the sensored motor could be 4 pole. The velineon esc won't engage full rpms and it acts almost like a rev limiter on 4 pole motors.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

My velineon esc's would never run a sensored motor... just wouldn't do it no matter what, sensor wire connected or not.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    You might be geared too high.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD