I'll start this thread by saying i know just enough to be dangerous....

I have a Traxxas Slash 4x4. Everything is pretty much stock. I run 3S lipos and i have the original Velineon VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control. I've gone through a few of the factor motors. (The rotors spin off the shaft.) Traxxas has replaced it twice under warranty but i'm now outside of my warranty window. That's why i bought a cheap new motor online. (I run this truck for fun. I don't like spending money on it. I have other hobbies i spend more money on.)

I replaced the Velineon 3500 Brushless Motor with a ********* 10.5T 3200kv brushless sensored motor. Now to the problem.... When i go 100%throttle with the controller the motor pulses almost like its turning on and off. If i give it 75% to 90% throttle its okay.....but i can't go to 100% without the issue. I've tried it with and without the sensor being hooked up to the esc. Same problem. (With the sensor hooked up i notice the 15% to 25% throttle seems smoother) I've tried 3S lipos and 2S lipos. Same problem.

What do i need to do? reset the esc? live with the problem and know i bought a $35 dollar motor?

Your advice and guidance is greatly appreciated.

thanks!

(Batteries are 3S 40c 5000mah and 2S 40c 5000mah)