Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    They look good! I hope they perform well. Traxxas has been promising there for almost three years! With all that time for research and development they should he amazing!!!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Competitor
    Front CVD's:

Front:

Top View:

Rear:

Rear CVD's:

Random:

RC Qualifier
    Those look awesome! Just waiting for someone to install them with a protrac kit!

RC Qualifier
    They look great, just waiting for someone to put them to the test, MMM on 4s lol...

RC Champion
    I wonder if I can just buy the longer bones and convert my x0-1 axles for use with protrac?? I was able to find replacement bones for the xo-1's so I'm sure that they will be available..but will that work.

Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    Very nice AlopezJr!!! Thanks for the pictures!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Qualifier
    It's BLACK FRIDAY so I'm finally gonna buy a new set of cvds but I still can't decide between Teckno RC's or the traxxas steel driveshafts..Does anyone have an update on the the traxxas cvds??

FYI: I only use my 4x4 at RC tracks; I don't bash. So, after using XO-1 driveshafts I'm concerned about the weight of the new slash cvds.
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    I wonder if I can just buy the longer bones and convert my x0-1 axles for use with protrac?? I was able to find replacement bones for the xo-1's so I'm sure that they will be available..but will that work.

So you're saying the stock X0-1's didn't work with the protrc arms? How did you get them to work?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    So you're saying the stock X0-1's didn't work with the protrc arms? How did you get them to work?
    They work but the splines are not fully seated into the female end of the axle

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Yes, XO-1's will work with protrac arms but I've read on this forum that XO-1 driveshafts will bend when used with longer arms. I used the XO-1 driveshafts with the PL ptotrac kit and the driveshafts felt heavier than tecknos; not as heavy as MIPs, but it was noticable. I could never get them dialed in during practice and the longer arm set-up was slower than stock arm set-up. I decieded to cut my losses with them
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    Yes, XO-1's will work with protrac arms but I've read on this forum that XO-1 driveshafts will bend when used with longer arms. I used the XO-1 driveshafts with the PL ptotrac kit and the driveshafts felt heavier than tecknos; not as heavy as MIPs, but it was noticable. I could never get them dialed in during practice and the longer arm set-up was slower than stock arm set-up. I decieded to cut my losses with them
    Hmmm... I'm glad I found this out. I was planning to ordering the new Slash CVD's, which mostly likely will have the same problem. I'm guessing you're back to the Tekno kit? How has that been working for you?

RC Champion
    Im running the Tekno M6 kit for protrac and love them. Dog bones all around, no splines to bind, nothing that will catch dirt and malfuntion. The only complaints I have heard are some folks say they bend the shafts and other say they pop out of the cups. When I first got them I did every thing I could to try and make them fail and was unsuccesful. They never came close to popping out of the cups and as for bend strength when I got my kit one shaft wasnt quite true and had some wobble to it. I contacted Matt at Tekno and 2 days later had 2 shafts in the mail, not one. I took the not so true one and put it in a vice and tried to bend it to make it straight, its just popped right back no matter what I did. So I decided to do a little R&D to see how hard it is to bend them. I had to clamp down really tight in a vise and beat the crap out of it with a 5lb ball peen hammer to get it to bend. My take on it is the only way they are going to bend in the truck is if you smack into a wall at high speed just right so the shaft takes the force of the impact. My guess is if you smack a wall that hard the shaft is going to be the least of your worries. I dont think any shaft would survive that unscathed.