Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Qualifier

New traxxas cvd options for slash 4x4

I know that this has been a hot topic for awhile and many folks have wondered why they haven't been released sooner but new Traxxas CVD options will be available for the slash 4x4 very soon...There was supposed to be a press release this week but I haven't seen it yet. The CVD's are true bolt on upgrades for both slash & pede 4x4s, and 2wd Slash, pede, or rustler (use rears for 2wd)...... The part numbers are: 6851R & 6852R. I think the suggested retail price is $55 a pair.
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Champion
    you can get 4 opti drive cvds for an emaxx for 50 and a pair of these cost that?
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    Very interesting for my Rustler buggy. Might get a set of these if my MIP's break again.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

I'm really glad they finally addressed this. i have high hopes for them. any pics up anywhere as to what they look like yet?
    (2)RC8TEs, RC8.2E (2)slash 4x4 2650 pede 3800

RC Racer
    Id like to see them also.

RC Qualifier
    This is great news, I was just about to order some Teknos!

RC Qualifier
    Well I will be ordering these for the wife's slash when there are out!

RC Champion
    Plenty of places have added them to their product line but no pictures or stock available yet. Im assuming they will be constructed in the same fashion as all of the other Traxxas cvds.

RC Qualifier
    Great news from another forum..The new traxxas slash 4x4 arms will work with the longer PL protrac or TRCE arms...they look the same as the XO-1's, just 2 to a package instead of one...different part number for front than rear...

2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    This is awesome! Finally Traxxas listened to us!

RC Champion
    I wonder if they will handle big power system's as good as the MIP's or Tekno's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    So they'll work with protrac? WOOT WOOT!

RC Champion
    Stormer shows them in stock. Who's first?
    / 16

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    So then these should fit anything from the Bandit to the X0-1? I am interested for my pede 4x build...
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    I can imagine that they would be completely different stubs to work with slash carriers and knuckles. I like that they can be used for extended arms or normal arms. I wonder if they will bend as easily as X0-1s
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Champion
    They don't look like they are going to hold up to some bashing.
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Racer
    ..The new traxxas slash 4x4 arms will work with the longer PL protrac or TRCE arms..Where did you get this info??

RC Qualifier
    He meant to type "axles". But if you think about it, the stock ones work on the longer arms, and these are meant to relpace them. So technically, they should work. The XO-1's worked, and these are the same with smaller axles.

I think Iam going to do it! I believe I will order them today! Just to see if they will hold up!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I think Iam going to do it! I believe I will order them today! Just to see if they will hold up!
    I like it when someone mans up to be the guinea pig!
    Im a bit curious how they will hold up seeing how they are priced right up there with MIPs and Teknos. I would have expected from a marketing perspective to see them lower than both, at least at the introduction to the market.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jodart View Post
    ..The new traxxas slash 4x4 arms will work with the longer PL protrac or TRCE arms..Where did you get this info??
    Sorry I meant the new slash axles will work with the longer arms...I got the info from a traxxas rep on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    He meant to type "axles". But if you think about it, the stock ones work on the longer arms, and these are meant to relpace them. So technically, they should work. The XO-1's worked, and these are the same with smaller axles.
    Thanks for the edit CyconXC..Where have you been racing these days?? What gearing are ya using with your Tenshock sc411 4600kv motor? Have you had any issues with HIGH motor temps??

Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    Make sure that you buy a set for me as well 'cause I love the XO-1 driveshafts..I look forward to reading your review
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Champion
    If I didn't ahve MIp's already I'd buy a set.

RC Qualifier
    Well this is kind of a let down.
    They seam to be nothing more then XO-1 axles with stubs to fit the slash. They may work good for the racers but us bashers need a much stronger axles then these seam to be.

Im shocked it took Traxxas this long to bring these out given they are just moded XO-1 axles.

Im just not at all that impressed with what I have seen givin the price they are charging for them.
    I will wait and see how they hold up to the hard core bashers before I even think about buying a set for my wifes slash. My gut tells me these will bend really easy when supjected to a hard core basher.

Time will tell.

RC Qualifier
    Edit:
    Internet fail. Double post.
    Last edited by Badmunky; 10-13-2012 at 04:13 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Well this is kind of a let down.
    They seam to be nothing more then XO-1 axles with stubs to fit the slash. They may work good for the racers but us bashers need a much stronger axles then these seam to be.

Im shocked it took Traxxas this long to bring these out given they are just moded XO-1 axles.

Im just not at all that impressed with what I have seen givin the price they are charging for them.
    I will wait and see how they hold up to the hard core bashers before I even think about buying a set for my wifes slash. My gut tells me these will bend really easy when supjected to a hard core basher.

Time will tell.

RC Racer
    I've been runnin the xo-1 axles on my 4x4 with the 2200 on 6s for a couple of months now. Mostly street runs but when it gets hairy and i hit a bump or over-correct she goes tumbling down the street something wicked. And so far only one slightly bent axle shaft (the chrome piece). It's not even bad enough to where id take it of and try to bend it straight. Even took it to a skate park just last week and was giving it a good beating and no new bends in any of the axles. And I can almost guarantee the only reason it bent in the first place is because of the RPM arms. They are almost TO flexable. Now im really not sure how hard most people bash there slash 4x4's, but with the beating mine has seen as a street slash and the threads i've read about other axles, I'd recommend these(XO-1 axles w/6mm stubs) for any setup.

RC Competitor
    Perfect timing! I just put the Revo clutch in my Slash and popped the right front stub. I was thinking about MIPs, but I've heard about them flying apart and I haven't seen too much on the Teknos. I guess I'll give these a try.

RC Qualifier
    There in stock at stormer.
    Any one order them yet?
    I'm interested to see how well they hold up.

RC Champion
    They are listing at Tower hobbies too! For the price I'd stick with MIP's or teknos

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dknuckles View Post
    For the price I'd stick with MIP's or teknos
    Yeah me to. I was going to order then for the wife's slash but that was when I thought they where going to look like most of Traxxas other CVD kits and look more like the Teckos. Also was thinking they would be like $80 for front and rear set.
    But it looks like they will be closer to $100-110 range before shipping.

I got a front and rear set of Teknos off ebay for 58 shipped.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmunky View Post
    Yeah me to. I was going to order then for the wife's slash but that was when I thought they where going to look like most of Traxxas other CVD kits and look more like the Teckos. Also was thinking they would be like $80 for front and rear set.
    But it looks like they will be closer to $100-110 range before shipping.

I got a front and rear set of Teknos off ebay for 58 shipped.
    Not bad at all. It pays to search and wait!!!

I have yet to buy a set. I kept thinking about it. My MIP's have served me well for a very long time. I am extremely happy with them. True they are heavy but it is weight down low, which seems to make my trucks more stable. I think I will let someone else take the lead on this one.

RC Competitor
    Placed my order on Stormers today, I am in the market for some CVDs and figured why not try these out, I noticed my stock drive shafts were starting to have the holes for the pins oval out. My Slash 4x4 is mostly stock right now aside from the E-Maxx body and 2.8 Trenchers for that MT look. I am preparing it for bigger power down the road.

RC Qualifier
    There's a great review of the new slash 4x4 cvds from a competitive racer on RcTech, see post #5049..
    http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...hread-337.html

They are also on sale now..http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxas-...&forceRpt=true

I gonna oder a set of the traxxas cvds as soon as I upgrade my shocks to a set of sc10 4x4 or Losi scte..I'm currently racing with D8s
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Awesome to hear about the new cvds.

For the lazy people:

Punt66(Jason) -
    "Ok guys, I have had the pleasure to try the new xo1 style cvds that are made for the slash. I LIKE. I like them better so far because they are lighter then the xo1 cvds because they do not have the 6mm stub axles. I also like that finding replacement parts like bearings, and bearing carriers and wheel hexes are a snap. A+

1. They have the advantage of using traxxas carriers that can be had anywhere.
    2. They are long enough to run protrac arms.
    I have not done weight comparison with tekno because i dont care for tekno. Tekno makes good products and i really like dog bones but they are too short. So i never did any further testing on them. I actually preffered the stock plastic to the tekno for that reason. But i would have to simple green the plastic sliders all the time.

I felt the difference through the trigger with the weight difference between the xo1 and the slash cvd's. You always want to use the lightest shafts possible. MIP makes great products as well and the owner is a Eustice is a great guy i race against regularly. But their slash axles are way to heavy. These new ones are a good compromise and i like them a lot. If i were to have any complaints about them i would like them to be 5mm longer because at full droop (more then i run and i run a lot of droop) they are close to popping out. But it has not been an issue yet and i dont see it becoming one because i have never run such exxagerated droop before.
    "

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by CyconXc View Post
    Awesome to hear about the new cvds.

For the lazy people:

Punt66(Jason) -
    "Ok guys, I have had the pleasure to try the new xo1 style cvds that are made for the slash. I LIKE. I like them better so far because they are lighter then the xo1 cvds because they do not have the 6mm stub axles. I also like that finding replacement parts like bearings, and bearing carriers and wheel hexes are a snap. A+

1. They have the advantage of using traxxas carriers that can be had anywhere.
    2. They are long enough to run protrac arms.
    I have not done weight comparison with tekno because i dont care for tekno. Tekno makes good products and i really like dog bones but they are too short. So i never did any further testing on them. I actually preffered the stock plastic to the tekno for that reason. But i would have to simple green the plastic sliders all the time.

I felt the difference through the trigger with the weight difference between the xo1 and the slash cvd's. You always want to use the lightest shafts possible. MIP makes great products as well and the owner is a Eustice is a great guy i race against regularly. But their slash axles are way to heavy. These new ones are a good compromise and i like them a lot. If i were to have any complaints about them i would like them to be 5mm longer because at full droop (more then i run and i run a lot of droop) they are close to popping out. But it has not been an issue yet and i dont see it becoming one because i have never run such exxagerated droop before.
    "
    Mine should arrive this week, I have a good feeling these are going to be awesome.

RC Enthusiast
    I've been looking for a bit more speel on the new cvd's. Actually found something on the Traxxas New Zealand website!

At $205 USD for a pair, you can see why I'd rather wait 2-3 weeks to get all my stuff sent direct from the U.S.

http://www.traxxasmodels.co.nz/index...oducts_id=6974

As follows:

6851R - 2x Driveshafts, front, steel-spline constant-velocity
    $250.00
    Fits 1/10 Rally, Slash 4X4, and Stampede 4X4 The driveshafts are constructed of solid steel and precisely splined to withstand hardhitting brushless horsepower and extreme 4WD traction. The inner and outer CV-joints are sealed by rubber boots to keep lubrication in and dirt out for performance that lasts, run after run. The boots also capture the cross pins, so there are no set-screws to look after and no chance your car or truck will be sidelined with a missing pin. Highstrength performance, high-tech style, and Traxxas Tough durability make these the most advanced CV driveshafts available.

RC Competitor
    Received a package today:

RC Competitor
    I have not got around to installing them yet. Received another package today and will try and get these on before the weekend to see if I can get some bashing time in. Weather is horrible here in Germany right now. This is what's going on the truck: