RC Qualifier

What's a center diff useful for

I'm wondering what a center diff is and the pros and cons and a rear brake kit is it worth it
    drive it like you stole it

RC Qualifier
    It will drastically improve the drivability of your rig it splits the power distribution between the fronand rear diffs just like they split it left and right From what I've read I think you have to have forward only conversion to put it in but I may be mistaken. Couple this with a rear break n now you have a much more tunable rig. If you bash you might not like it but I read about a lot of racers using it. My experience come scrim having it in my big block merv not my 3.3. The mods are for the nitro.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Qualifier
    Now will is still be able to do wheelies and doughnuts I bash dont race any maybe just in a circle with my buddy's maxx and losi and does the rear brake stop it faster or whats the deal

RC Qualifier
    No more wheelies unless you put really thick oil in it. Rear brake is for cornering control. If you bash IMO I wouldn't get it. Keep reverse n use it gently so you can keep using it. Who wants to go get their rig just because you can't back up. We don't have turn marshals. I set my merv up like that but I have a big block in it n it's electric so I didn't lose reverse unless I turn it off. I could prob hand my merv to a racer n they would crush people even big guys, it has impeccable control. What you ask about is primarily racing set up. If I want the little guy to do crazy power stuff I have to completely retune it and take out center diff or fill with diff lock wich is like putting 1000k oil in diff.
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Qualifier
    O ok well I already have the forward only so not even the rake is a good idea for bashing

RC Qualifier
    Not sure what it takes to install rear brake but if you already have FOC then it should def give better stopping power.
    Drive it like its Hot

RC Qualifier
    Does anyone else have input on this that uses as a basher

RC Champion
    its more for racing.. when i drove my revo for dual purpose i had 2 transmission.. forward only and one with center dif...forward nly i use for bashing and you cannot mount rear brake and it really doesn't make any sense....
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

RC Competitor
    To me it sounds like a good idea to get a rear brake to haul out the tail in tighter turns rather than getting up on your front wheels which can happen at times with front brakes.

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    yea rear brake only works with the center diff.. and its not that strong like you would think it is...

RC Qualifier
    You can't use both brakes

RC Champion
    not on forward only conversion... because again.. it doesn't make sense... if you want more stopping power upgrade your front brake disc to traxxas vented and maintain your pads or the disc by sanding them every so often

The center diff. allows you to adjust the brake so you can have more rear brake and less front this allows you to come into a turn fast hit the brakes hard without locking up the front wheels (if you lock up the front wheels you lose steering) then hit the gas and power through the turn. The center diff. is a forward only conversion which means you can't have reverse with it but you will also have to remove your forward only conversion shaft to put in the center diff you can't uses both. Also you need the rear brake kit with the center diff with out it you would only have front brake and you can't use the rear brake kit on the forward only conversion you have now.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran