RC Racer

Unhappy tq 2.4ghz 2 channel not running esc (channel 1 or 2)

i got a BRAND NEW tq 2.4ghz 2 channel receiver, and it will run the servo just fine, it just doesn't like to run my esc.... it gets power through it, and i've tried 2 different esc's, the esc's both worked when hooked up to my 27mhz system, they just don't work with this one?????
    the esc's are old, but i dont know why it will run a servo but not the esc...... and the esc works in other rx's
    thanks in advance guys!!!!
    i tried horses, but i prefer nitro's

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    all traxxas 2.4ghz reciever are 5 channel, except for the first gen 2.4ghz 2217 has 4 channel. the first two slots are for steering and the 3rd slot for the ESC make sure your ESC wire are set the right way (+) for positive and (-) for negative and and the last wire for signal.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 09-05-2012 at 05:08 PM.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Champion
    Judging by the way you said your other receivers work but this one doesn't seems to say that you know to watch for polarity. Where did you get the receiver? More importantly, is the ESC powered at all? Does it turn on? I assume your throttle trim is wrong on the transmitter, so when you turn on the ESC it prevents you from using anything - make sure the throttle trim on the transmitter (hand held) is set to zero, and then turn on the esc. Hope this works!

RC Racer
    i tried both of those, the funny thing is, i tried the trim as well..... it just won't run my esc (i tried running the esc in channel 1 and the servo in channel 2, and that worked fine
    so what do i look for? is it possible that some esc's arent compatible with a 2.4ghz radio system?
    also, it's the new black handled non-link version
    i also (sadly) bought this on e-bay.... i know....
    thanks

RC Champion
    This is the TQi system, and it comes with the LINK receiver:

Perhaps you got the wrong system, I know you said TQ but as far as I know there isn't a NEW TQ black handle unless you're referencing to simply the most recent one:

RC Racer
    It is the same one as the seccond one, but it's not link... It's the one that has the matte silver steering wheel.

RC poster
    Was there a resolution found for this? I am having the same issue with the TX6509/RX6518. Channel 1 lets it program correctly but obviously does not run the esc. I have reset the remote to default, made sure i had Channel 2 on the remote set to Electric.

This thing is driving me crazy.