RC poster

Revo 3.3 wont start :/ any help will be appreciated.

Hello:
    Want to start off with I am new to this thread and nitro. I tried looking for a similar thread and wasn't able to find one that helped.

So, I have about a gallon of fuel in my Revo 3.3. This is my first 'big' problem. I wore out the clutch shoes and the spring broke. I replaced the shoes and the spring and was out running it for about 10 min, had the truck pegged out on an open field and then it just lost its power. Well, it slowed down and still had the "rev." Then idled for a min and died. Since that, I have not been able to turn it over.
    I reopened the clutch bell and the shoe and spring where fine. (even replaced the clutch shoes and spring with a new set just in case)
    Replaced the glow plug. (it didn't look bad but just wanted to clear some variables)
    Cleared the fuel line and have it primed every time I attempt to start it.
    Ez start battery and truck fully charged.

The engine will sound like it wants to start but only attempts to turn over and sounds A LOT more raspy. (higher pitched and more broken of an idle sound)
    I try to give it a little more throttle and it doesn't do a thing. The flywheel spins but the clutch doesn't.
    I can manually spin the flywheel (has the normal resistance)

I am fairly new to nitro and R/C cars so I tried to mention everything. If there are any questions please ask and I will try to respond in a timely matter.

Thanks in advance for the advice and help.

Regards,
    James

RC Qualifier
    Is it just spinning the starter n not cranking. I had to remove and clean the one way bearing at the starter to block connection. Ran it a little rich then lean and every which way but either way it got oil all up in this from engine vapors and all it would do is spin. This may not be your problem but I scratched my head on it for a while. It's in the traxxas support on their page of problem solving check that Out too your answer might be there.
    BB MERV/T8 Rusty/OS21REVO
    Drive it like its Hot

RC poster
    Mrmerv76:
    Thank you got your reply!
    The one way bearing is fine. I forgot to add that, sorry. The engine acts like it wants to turn over but wont go. And it doesn't sound the same as in it is more raspy and broken when it attempts to start up.

With the raspiness, look for a split header right at the coupler or the first outside bend--they tend to crack in those areas. A way to tell that it is cracked is by sight but sometime it is very small so the next clue is that you have an oily residue covering the starter (pull or EZ) and the shocks are covered.
    It may help to remove the engine completely, open it up and look it over.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Sorry for delayed responses.

Had a chance to take apart my 3.3 today.

Went all the way to the piston to find out it has a chunk missing...So gonna do an intense clean of the engine while I wait for the part to ship...hopefully this is the only problem and the piece missing didn't do any internal damage...so far doesn't look like there is any extra damage (really confused on how there isn't)

I assume that this happened due to debris getting into the engine? My guess would have to have been debris falling through the glow plug (even though I feel as though I cleaned it thoroughly) idk. Never drove it with a supper dirty air cleaner and never ran it without one. Just gotta be more cautious.

Thank you for the responces!!

Regards,
    James