Bashing with the Lady! Pics, Fun, and double the cost....?

Whatís up Guys,

So I realized.... This hobby just started costing me much more. lol. As u guys very well know, this hobby isnít cheap. I save money across the board in my life, (without being a cheapo) But for the hobby I just hand over the Cash/debit card and never look back...lol But now, I have a bashing buddy.. Awesome! Except for this bashing buddy comes out of my pocket also

As you guys have seen, "his and hers" Pedes... Mines the pink one, and her is the red.. I mean mine is the red. lol.Right thatís it.

But for the first time, we got to get a bash session in together. My lady isnít exactly, hand eye coordinated "her words" so sheís already had breakages and driven under a few trucks. (while still squeezing the throttle) But its all good... It was a great time! And for once, hers the two of us. My Work is actually in the background. One of the last nice weather Saturday well have here in Utah.

Us holding our trucks in our Proline shirt. Cool thing, she loves her Proline shirt. Makes me happy every time she wears it too Wonder why.... hmm....

Weird to match Faces to typed words eh? lol.

helion dominus. lol.

Our trucks and the mobile Workspace.... First Item... Duct Tape.

Her Remote.. An indication of where I am going with her Hummer body

Funny thing I realized. Figured id get a 2nd set of wheels/tires... So I did so. Yet now, Its all DOUBLE the cost.. What Iím mean..

Btw.. Obsessed with Tires much? Lol. This doesnít include my 4 sets of 1/16 on-road wheels and tires, 4 sets of SC tires, or new Stock Pede Tires under the workspace. Lol

Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

While all this is fun, Its double the cost for everything. Lol. Matching Hummer bodies

Matching F250s Bodies

Even Decals Need to be in pairs.

two stands….

One thing that’s awesome, was hearing my lady say.. We need a Multi-Charger.. ahh… Like Music to my ears. So I am looking at a DC X4 with ProTec PS or something along those lines.

The End

Nice Loot, know I know why you made her truck so pretty. Hers is broke. Do work driver!
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Champion
    Awesome post Loot, lol! It's not too weird when you consider it's less anonymous, you da man Double the cost isn't too bad either since it's shared. It all makes perfect sense to me. Lastly, I'll say you beat me to the punch, I definitely plan on rocking a hoodie or two thru the colder months from my favorite aftermarket parts suppliers. Dude, you've got a stock of stampede specific parts that rivals my lhs, no lie man. Too cool. Later

Nice trucks... You need to look for two-for-one deals. Lol.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Yo LooT you got it going on my friend. You have some of the most top-notch setups going on! I wish I was as lucky as you having the significant other to bash with. But on the other hand I do have my little guy who is so eager to. I can bash every day of the week many hours a day and he'd still want more. Everyone he see's he wants to show his, "b-day car" off to, then he goes see all daddy's trucks. It makes you so proud to be a dad. In a couple years the daughter will be the next in line, then maybe momma will be to. LOL

BTW days are starting to get shorter and with my work schedule so will RC time. Ughhh!!! I have a good spot to turn some lights on and do some bashing. WooHoo!!
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    What is that black mesh covering the wires on her truck? Really cleans up the look, I'd like to do something like that

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Nice Loot, know I know why you made her truck so pretty. Hers is broke. Do work driver!
    lol. See those giant concrete walls in the picture behind me? essentially 4 foot high Curbs. lol. That prob says enough about why its busted in that pic of both of us. The pic of her truck is when we got there, and before the concrete wall happened. lol.

it was fixed that very night Came home, stripped her two more links. One as a back up to take with, and repaired her truck that very night...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabun View Post
    What is that black mesh covering the wires on her truck? Really cleans up the look, I'd like to do something like that
    Search for WIRE MESH COVER for RC on eBAY. Different colors available.

Sent from Mars Curiosity.

RC Racer
    Cool trucks loot and how are those fly sky remotes working for you because I have one just waiting to get all my parts before I start taking the truck apart

RC Champion
    I am so insanely Jealous that you have a partner that shares in your passion that way!! Yes, Kerri will come out and break my cars but then she walks away saying, "how much is that going to cost us?"! LOL!!! SHE DID IT, its going to cost HER, not "US"!!!

Good lookin rides, I dig the "personalization"

I showed my wife the pics of you and your lady, and she said, "What's she doing???" Hahahaha
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Qualifier
    Dont feel bad loot. When i go out with the trucks i have to take 3. Mine,gf's, and my son's. And seems like the same thing happens... They can track down the only brick wall or curb in a 1 mile radius and run into it...haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Oaks View Post
    Awesome post Loot, lol! It's not too weird when you consider it's less anonymous, you da man Double the cost isn't too bad either since it's shared. It all makes perfect sense to me. Lastly, I'll say you beat me to the punch, I definitely plan on rocking a hoodie or two thru the colder months from my favorite aftermarket parts suppliers. Dude, you've got a stock of stampede specific parts that rivals my lhs, no lie man. Too cool. Later
    Thank oaks But I know right? I have started building a nice collection of RC Clothers. Her proline shirt is what im most proud of, cuz its always sold out every.

Myself, I have like 7 shirts now, Including PL, Team Associated, Protoform (one of my favs), 3 Jconepts ones, (love their long sleve) and a Real real nice Losi Hoodie...

I also have a PL Lanyard that is with me everyday, attached to my keys U know it gets bad, when the addiction starts to seap into your wardrope. lol

Quote Originally Posted by BAD RC View Post
    Search for WIRE MESH COVER for RC on eBAY. Different colors available.

Sent from Mars Curiosity.
    Honsetly. I purchased like 5 different types. I really disliked most of them. They would shred, or come apart easy. Get some from Frys.com. Search on their site for expandable sleeving.

They come in 4 different sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Yo LooT you got it going on my friend. You have some of the most top-notch setups going on! I wish I was as lucky as you having the significant other to bash with. But on the other hand I do have my little guy who is so eager to. I can bash every day of the week many hours a day and he'd still want more. Everyone he see's he wants to show his, "b-day car" off to, then he goes see all daddy's trucks. It makes you so proud to be a dad. In a couple years the daughter will be the next in line, then maybe momma will be to. LOL

BTW days are starting to get shorter and with my work schedule so will RC time. Ughhh!!! I have a good spot to turn some lights on and do some bashing. WooHoo!!
    Awesome bro. U have Son of a Digger, and ul have Daughter of a digger Tell me u are buying the Son of A digger for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfoster View Post
    Cool trucks loot and how are those fly sky remotes working for you because I have one just waiting to get all my parts before I start taking the truck apart
    Thanks man. They are excellent! Range is obsured, And no interference with one anouther.. But... If u asked me two days ago, id been alot happier...yesterday after al my abuse, I was testing my 100mph Rsutler, and the brake part of the trigger broke. fortunatly I was only going 5 mph.... But if I was at 100mph.. oh man... It would have been terrible. But this is after one year of heavy abuse. It looks perfect.. i had the screen guard on mine too, so it looks real nice. But sad about the breakage. Il post a pic when im home from work. (at work now)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    I am so insanely Jealous that you have a partner that shares in your passion that way!! Yes, Kerri will come out and break my cars but then she walks away saying, "how much is that going to cost us?"! LOL!!! SHE DID IT, its going to cost HER, not "US"!!!

Good lookin rides, I dig the "personalization"
    Thanks man! Thats terrible. She does that? lol. Oh man... I try to keep away the costs from her. Dont tell her. she knows its very high, just not how high I make my LHS purchases in all cash. Only the online stuff goes on the card, so she only sees that. Not to bad. i end up ordering anything I can at LHS. Even if it takes longer, I like to support brick and morter shops. Thats crazy though. tell her Theres ALOT worse things u could be spending ur money on. And say shes just jealous. lol jk dont say that, that wont go over well

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I showed my wife the pics of you and your lady, and she said, "What's she doing???" Hahahaha
    lol. Huh? Im not sure what she means, but im guessing it means " What is she doing, that she is so cool to have an awesome pink, purple, silver truck her man built for her, to go along wtih her awesome shirt, and awesome stickers of skulls with bows, to go along with an awesome past time? "

Quote Originally Posted by Baltim0re28 View Post
    Dont feel bad loot. When i go out with the trucks i have to take 3. Mine,gf's, and my son's. And seems like the same thing happens... They can track down the only brick wall or curb in a 1 mile radius and run into it...haha.
    lol. I know right? Curbs happen Fortuantly her truck was fixed, and now I have spare links in the Too box.

Loot my bake trigger broke also. Someone at my track ordered one for me. I will find out where he got them, they were only 2$ and easy to replace.

Loot my bake trigger broke also. Someone at my track ordered one for me. I will find out where he got them, they were only 2$ and easy to replace.
    Thanks! Id really appreciate that.. Think theyd fit this remote though? Im gonna glue, and gorilla tape in the mean time. Hopefully that'll hold until I get anouther. The remote is only 35 bucks, but id really hate to waiste a whole good piece of electronic, that has served em so well because of some little plastic thing.

And thanks for your kind comment!

RC Qualifier
    thats really cool that you and your lady do it together , i use too have the same thing and the time and fun you have together out way the cost any day of the week and twice on sunday my freind, a good story and awesome trucks

^ Thanks Dash, I appreciate it. And ya, Ur totally right. And u nailed it one the head. Because Sundays we go to her, or my folks house, and they come outside and watch! lol

I appreciate the kind comments everybody.. Love this community

As per above, this is what I was talking about my brake. happened and resulted in a slight crash up to a curb with my road only, non bashing, pretty MMM Rustler..lol. Break in Fortuatnly I was only going like 2mph trying to set up the gyro.

RC Qualifier
    i might have one at the store thats junk, i will see if it still there. i will pm you

That would be awesome.. Thank you. Sounds great.

Hey, in the 2nd picture in post #1, I've been there! Never thought about what a great bashing spot that would be... Nice and flat, minus the 4 foot tall curbs... LOL, It's cool seeing places in Utah that I've been!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

The day my trigger broke, I was warming up for heat 1 at my track. Ran back to my pit, and ca'd my finger to the trigger to run the heat lol. I lead the first 30 laps or so. The announcer kept saying " everyone is gonna glue their finger to the trigger now." I took second, but the glue was letting go, and lost brakes.

For the next 2 heats I glued some fuel tubing to the nub to get some traction with my finger. I have some pics lying around but cant find it. Its on one of these mem cards. Guessing he got the triggers from hobbypartz...

The day my trigger broke, I was warming up for heat 1 at my track. Ran back to my pit, and ca'd my finger to the trigger to run the heat lol. I lead the first 30 laps or so. The announcer kept saying " everyone is gonna glue their finger to the trigger now." I took second, but the glue was letting go, and lost brakes.

For the next 2 heats I glued some fuel tubing to the nub to get some traction with my finger. I have some pics lying around but cant find it. Its on one of these mem cards. Guessing he got the triggers from hobbypartz...

After inserting the trigger nub into the fuel tube, found that I had to cut the top of the tube off to get full travel to the brake side. The tube around the trigger was stopping the broken trigger from getting full travel as the tubing was contacting the body of the controller. You will see what I mean when I post the pic...

RC Champion
    Awesome Loot! I can relate! You have inspired me to wire mesh all my wires
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Hey, in the 2nd picture in post #1, I've been there! Never thought about what a great bashing spot that would be... Nice and flat, minus the 4 foot tall curbs... LOL, It's cool seeing places in Utah that I've been!
    WHAT? U live by, and we have never bashed together? .... AHH! lol. Awesome bro. I work in one of those buildings, and park right below the parking structure. I needed a wide open space for my ladies first drive

Quote Originally Posted by SLW-SVT View Post
    Awesome Loot! I can relate! You have inspired me to wire mesh all my wires
    Thats awesome. I purchased many from several places, and let me tell ya its not all the same. Alot of the stuff collapses and falls apart when u cut it. Even when u cut it right. Which is with a heated blade. U clamp my hobby knife, with a blade set apart for this,and heat it up with a lighter. Its gotta colder when it cuts so it doesnt tare apart. Most that isnt enough, so the right type is crucial!

Get it from Frys.com.. Under expandable sleeving...Its the RIGHT stuff to get..

http://www.frys.com/search?search_ty...sleeving&cat=0

I did every wire on my Rustler, except the wires to the motor..

After inserting the trigger nub into the fuel tube, found that I had to cut the top of the tube off to get full travel to the brake side. The tube around the trigger was stopping the broken trigger from getting full travel as the tubing was contacting the body of the controller. You will see what I mean when I post the pic...
    thats an excellent idea! After I CA glue, Il slide some Fuel tubing over it, and it will hold it in place I think... Until I get it fixed. Nice

So great news. I was able to fix my trigger.... I ended up CA glueing it.... Than when dried, I used the right size in one of my MANY many, and I mean many... (obsession) sizes of heat sink. Worked great.. Thought id have to be careful today while bashing, but I very soon forgot about the entire thing. Guess it did its job real well!

Also... Although I did not document, My entire family came out and drove with me today. I orginally just pulled out my 100+mph Rustler to try out a little... Still tweeking.... And before I knew it, the whole family was outside again. Except this time I had two trcuks with me, and they were watching .... It was awesome. My Brother in Law was a natural, and drove 90% of the time. But my pops, and also my 6 yr old niece. Cuz she cried..... I was trippin when she started driving, but my pops helped her. Now I am gonna have to bring alot more trucks when I got over there! I have a stocker all ready to go, and gonna put yet anouther tougher, faster Stampede together, and gonna place an order for more batteries.... About to pull some big ol orders. Thinkin I am gonna do a Grave Digger with Sidewinder and 3800.. Than the stocker with the XL5, and Electrifly s600 for my neice. Best of all I basically got two weeks to get it done!

Real cool to have all this support, and for my fam to be so into my hobby... We didnt stop driving till it was absolutly to dark to do so. (Even did when it wasnt really safe to with two trucks wooshing by each other)

Btw... Awesome thing about driving two trucks. When one flips over, u can use of the trucks to tip it back over when its far!

I just basically got super approval from my lady to pull some big orders oo yaaa.... What a shame winter is right around the corner!

Its fixed! After tryin a few things, like fuel tape (didnt work too thick) Just glue and elec tape (not strong enough) I found a solution....

CA Glue, and Good Heat sink. PERFECT! I thought id have to be careful, than within minutes I completely forgot about the repair, and bashed for 2 hours.... guess it worked

After the fuel tube was glued, I had to trim it off of the top of the trigger, the tube was not letting the trig get full up travel. Wasn't pretty, but got me through that race, and a couple of bashes after... Glad your fix worked out. The guys at the track were calling me "fingerbuilder" until another guy with little dainty fingers broke his... They called him "Brake Lee" lol