RC Qualifier

about to buy shocks

hey guys im about to buy a set of shocks and i would like to know if i i should go with d8s losi ten or sc10 shocks

RC Champion
    I have a set of D8s on my slash and they are awesome. Super plush and handle the small and big stuff equally as well. I recently threw on a set of proline powerstroke's and they handle better onroad and are smooth ,but in the end I prefer the D8's over the powerstroke's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

I also have to Power Strokes! They are a great shock! You can tune them easily and they have done me well for a long time. Well worth the investment.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I definitely don't want powerstrokes just the 3 choices I gave, and are the d8s sprung right? Do I need to buy different springs

RC Qualifier
    I have the powerstrokes, get the spring set to further facilitate tuning, el sob do you know if they sell pistons for he PowerStroke? Of if I can use the pistons from my bigbore?
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

I want to say yes. I believe I have seen rebuild kits that had them at my lhs. I am not sure if you can use parts off Traxxas shocks for them.
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    I saw that also, but its just a rebuild and has the same piston. Guess I have to change the oil, which works for me, less work. Have you found that the reds are the best option for springs? I tried others and I either body rub or bottom out.

Found this on MIP, your thoughts?
    http://realshocks.com/MIP_Bypass1_Re...uspension.html
    Last edited by Dgb007; 10-04-2012 at 09:23 AM.
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Champion
    Out of the 3 listed Ive only tried the SC10 bigbores with the red spring kit at the recommendation of another RC'r. They are working great for me and I like them better than the power stokes I ran before, more damping and nice recovery.

Those MIP bypass valves look to be promising.

RC Champion
    The D8's you want a set of grey spring's for the front and rear, 35wt.-50wt. is good. They have a big spring selection to.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Are vorza shocks the same as d8s?

RC Qualifier
    What about apache c1 shocks? Even though they're plastic body, they could be a cheaper option to get 1/8 hocks onto he truck
    Sl4sh mmp2400 - savage flux hp XL - vorza flux hp

RC Qualifier
    D8's are very good for bashing..I use the stiffer orange and white springs with 45wt in front and 40 in rear...Losi scte, sc10 4x4 and PL powerstroke shocks are good for racing
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    So d8s for racing wont be good

RC Qualifier
    Im looking at the big bores, are those good for all around? some small jumps and mainly onroad. I would like to see what I am missing with my ultra shocks.
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rckid97 View Post
    So d8s for racing wont be good
    I have used D8's in club races and a few other guys on this forum use them as well. I use D8s on a SSC SL 4x4 and they are difficult to tune your suspension. I had to get a few different shocks, which are $10 a pair, before my rc was race ready. The D8s handle jumps well but not as nimble while cornering. I also had to make a few MODs for them to fit on my RC. I love bashing w/ D8's at a skate parks

I also own the PL powerstrokes. You need the front and rear spring tuning kit to tune your suspension. Tuning is much easier, my RC feels lighter and has faster cornering speed but you might bottom out on big jumps.
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4