RC poster

Big Bore shocks VS piggy back shocks

I am trying to get an opinion on big bore shocks Vs piggy back shocks, which is less prone for problems?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker1982 View Post
    I am trying to get an opinion on big bore shocks Vs piggy back shocks, which is less prone for problems?
    From I heard:

Big Bores
    Piggy back (they leak)
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC poster
    I was trying to tune my t maxx after putting a new engine in it, and after two small jumps two shocks broke

RC Qualifier
    Keep away from piggybacks. The shock don't have nearly enough oil in them to need the reservoir for the extra cooling. I personally prefer 1/8th scale truggy shocks.
    Joshua 24:15 Choose this day who ye will serve

RC Qualifier
    Have had at various times both types of shocks on my Maxx. I did not have any issues per say with the Piggybacks, but I now am running Big Bores with Progressive Springs and am lovin it!
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Qualifier
    I cant speak for the MGT piggybacks,but I had the Integy MSR5 piggybacks and they were junk.
    Perfect addition to any shelf queen but for bashing, a terrible choice.
    The shock shafts bent and there was no shock absorption whatsoever,
    regardless what oil weight I used

I do like the big bores with dual rate springs and a heavy oil.
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Enthusiast
    I have the Piggybacks on my sons Tmaxx, I am either going to go with the stock ones that I have or order the BB ones. Like stated earlier, they leak.
    I would consider just doing a rebuild on the the PB's, but Integy's customer service is absolutly horrible!!!! It takes almost a week to get an answer for problems, and all questions are done via email.
    With Traxxas, any problems, you are a phone call away. And they stand behind their product,

Traxxas CS FTW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MKnAsDad View Post
    I would consider just doing a rebuild on the the PB's, but Integy's customer service is absolutely horrible!!!! It takes almost a week to get an answer for problems, and all questions are done via email.

With Traxxas, any problems, you are a phone call away. And they stand behind their product.
    That alone earns Integy the run, run far awayyyyyyy! award. That & the fact that 99% of their ChiCom made products are made from warm buttery soft cast aluminum.

I have never had an issue calling Traxxas cust service, not once. They have always been extremely helpful.

Traxxas cust service +100
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

I had the Integy piggybacks and they leaked bad I took them off after a few months and every shock was empty but the reservoirs were all full. Got the the big bores they worked great.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran