RC Racer

new to slash and need info

ok, so as the title states. im new to the slash. i do have a emaxx but its not the same. i traded off one of my emaxxs for this slash. the slash came in pieces. chassis was dyed black. im not much into caring about the color. but its a bonus. i was wondering if you guys could assist me in making sure that i have all of the pieces for this. i know without any pictures it doesnt help. i will get some of them uploaded here.

do i need to put anything in the tranny? do i need to have blue threadlocker on all of my screws? the guy told me that some screws were missing. and with a 1 year old and buying a house its gonna take time to get the truck together.

thanks for any and all input!!

RC Champion
    Use this website to download and print out the Slash exploded views, all the parts and part #'s and assembly is shown. Just got to home page, Electric, Slash 2WD, and look for Downloads.

Tranny gets a light coat of grease on drive gears, differential gets the stickiest grease you can find but it is not sealed so it won't hold lubes.

RC Racer
    kwitty, thank you for that!
    my diff and tranny are one piece. i have a 2wd.

i did go get all of the exploded views and parts lists.

found out that on the way home i need to get a front bulk, so that is first on the list.
    Last edited by hatethmpr; 10-10-2012 at 12:56 PM. Reason: trying to do this too fast

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you got something good, what power system are you putting in it? you must go brushless!

I also saw you are in andover, ill help! I have torn apart every imaginable piece of my truck. =P
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

If you are going to do any work on your truck, and it sounds like you are, I'd buy a set of stainless steel screws from rcscrews or stevescrews and use them to replace your old black ones. It helps make your truck rustproof and looks good.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    OG do you happen to have a link for that? the guy said that there were screws missing. i was wondering about the screw sets. i havent had much of a chance to work on much of it. but when all the screws are ing the same bag and nothing is sorted it makes it a bit of a pain to figure it all out.

kitteh, im going to be moving to ramsey at the end of the month. so after i get moved and set up ill let you know, then we can bash, lol

but it sounds like i will be putting in 12t. this one is going to be for the 7 year old. i would love to tuen this thing into a flight monster. but its not gonna be mine until he gets bored with it. i do have the 3908 that is all set up for brushless, but that one has the brushed set up in it. i just cant afford the brushless and the lipos to go with it.

RC Qualifier
    I'd totally help you put together this seemingly "basketcase" car.

RC Racer
    that would be awesome!! i would enjoy that. i just have to get moved. as the house im living at now doesnt want anyone else here.

RC Qualifier
    I too would enjoy working on someone elses car, I helped someone I just met put a brushless system and bearings in his stampede, but then he just stopped replying to my texts >_>

RC Racer
    man thats a bummer. i enjoy meeting new people. but the only real time i have for this is on the weekends with work and the family.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, there is nobody around me that has a car, two of my neighbors have trucks, but one never takes his out and the other doesn't either, and it is slow. I would love to infect you with my knowledge, haha.

RC Racer
    knowledge is power. and im betting that i have knowledge that you may not have. i have done many things in my life. and im willing to teach.
    3908 emaxx, brushed... slash 2wd... whats next?

RC Qualifier
    Knowledge is power, power is corruption, muahaha. I'm positive you have more knowledge in certain things, everyone does.

RC Racer
    you have that right. i am at the point in my life i know enough to make me a very dangerous individual.

after i get all moved in ill give you a shout when im free.
    3908 emaxx, brushed... slash 2wd... whats next?

RC Qualifier
    Scary....

I look forward to running with you.

Samsung Epic - Tapatalk 2

I get my rcscrewz from ebay, but I saw them at my lhs last time I was in there; maybe your lhs also carries them.

RC Qualifier
    Heh, I'm still running my stock carbon screws

Quote Originally Posted by Kitteh298 View Post
    Heh, I'm still running my stock carbon screws
    I like to hose my trucks off every once in a while and those black screws will start rusting pretty quick. So the SS screws were my solution. I wash it off and lean it up against the wall on one of the bumpers for a while, then turn it over and let the water drain the other direction.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    I like to hose my trucks off every once in a while and those black screws will start rusting pretty quick. So the SS screws were my solution. I wash it off and lean it up against the wall on one of the bumpers for a while, then turn it over and let the water drain the other direction.
    See, I don't like to, because none of my electronics are waterproof, . But yeah, I see your point.