Thread: Problems

RC Qualifier

Problems

i have had my p4de for a couple months now and am having some troubles i know you guys will solve for me.i am all stock other then stock caps and clear gear cover, and things that are irrelevent to the performance of the truck.i am not in training mode so its not that either
    1. when i punch the throttle form a standing start it stutters for the first 3 feet then takes off full speed,is this to do with the mesh of the pinion/ spur gear?
    2. when i drive on asphalt and it gets up to full speed the rear wheel , the right one to be exact, starts shaking and the truck is bouncing as it drives, like it has hydraulics in only 1 wheel!is that the bearings going bad or what could that be
    3. no wheelies!tires arent worn, slippers is tight and recalibrated esc!have no clue what the no wheelies could even be, i'm starting to think is has something to do with #1 though so if i get that problem solved then 3 might be solved! just kind of confused that i have 3 problems at once. the truck drives and handles fine so its a good truck, however i'm running the stock batt. that came with it and another battery that is identical except for name brand!thank you for all help!
    Last edited by atclauss; 10-03-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

RC Racer
    2. Check ur bearings
    Did u run in deep water recently because this happen to me when I did
    3. Check ur not in training mode
    sl2sh, p4de trail truck

RC Qualifier
    not in training mode, ran thru deep water and mud bout month and half ago!!

RC Qualifier
    The wheel wobble will most likely be wet soggy tire foams. Give them a good squeeze. Does yuck poor out? I have sealed the holes in the rims on my trenchers once they were dry. Perform a lot better now. :-)

RC Qualifier
    i squeezed all the water out the day after i ran thru the mud, it was bad for the truck but bbbooooyyyyyy was it fun!

RC Qualifier
    You can tell if there still wet. If you lift the truck and the wheels roll so the heavy point goes down....takes a loooooooooong time for em to dry out. :-( Mine is a all weather pede. It's getting bashed come rain, shine or snow.

RC Qualifier
    my truck is a whenever i wanna go outside truck!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by atclauss View Post
    my truck is a whenever i wanna go outside truck!
    Tis the only way to roll!

tire wobble....chances are part of the foam inside the tire has come apart making the wheel unbalanced... it happens sometimes.
    as far as no wheelies and your cogging, in my experience it's crappy batteries. i've seen it 100 times...customers walking through the front door at my lhs scratching their head as to why their brand new vxl-3S isn't functioning the right way or gets no punch or really coggy starts. invariably, i slap in a decent pack and it shoots off like a scalded dog. i would try upgrading your battery. my experience he vxl-3S doesn't like the stock packs much at all.

hope that helps
    (2) RC8TEs, RC8.2E, (2)slash 4x4 2650, Slash 3800