RC Racer

Tire sepatating from wheel

Last night we noticed that one of the front tires on my sons Stampede is separating from the rim. I've seen several videos on how to mount new tires on new wheels, but nothing on what to do if only a section of tire is seperating.

My guess is to clean the mating surfaces with acetone or alchahol then reglue where the seperation is. I was also thinking of pulling the tire back from the wheel a little bit and adding more glue to make sure it has a secure bond. How does this sound?

My son does some pretty hard cornering out in the street, I knew it would be a matter of time before this started to happen.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by lowsaturn View Post
    My guess is to clean the mating surfaces with acetone or alchahol then reglue where the seperation is. I was also thinking of pulling the tire back from the wheel a little bit and adding more glue to make sure it has a secure bond. How does this sound?
    That's what I would do

Quote Originally Posted by lowsaturn View Post
    Last night we noticed that one of the front tires on my sons Stampede is separating from the rim. I've seen several videos on how to mount new tires on new wheels, but nothing on what to do if only a section of tire is seperating.

My son does some pretty hard cornering out in the street, I knew it would be a matter of time before this started to happen.
    if you can find some, i highly recommend IC2000 from Bob Smith industries. it's a rubber-toughened cyanoacrylate that forms an awesome bond that is also a bit flexible which mimics the tire itself. i use it exclusively for all my tire gluing.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

I just use ca glue after i do a little cleaning with dry rag so there is no dirt on the rim or tire...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Picked up some glue at a local hobby shop. I seem to have done a good job. Not pretty for my first try, I probably used a little too much. But it seems to be holding together. We'll see tomorrow when my son takes the truck out for a drive.

This is some crazy stuff though. I got a drop on the tip of my thumb and it felt like poked it with a soldering iron. I literally have a blister on the tip of my thumb!

Also the glue came with a long thin plastic tube taped to the side of the bottle. I cut a small piece and used it to apply the glue. After I was finished I removed and threw away the small piece. Am I supposed to leave it in place or discard it and use a new piece the next time I need to glue some tires?